Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 6man SNG bubble play

Old
$1.50 6man SNG bubble play - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
I'm working on my bubble-play so I'll probably be posting a bunch of these sorry ^^

According to the bubble-play strategy article, this push is OK because ATo is a "category 5 hand"... but what about stack size? is 10BB short enough for this push given that there is a player shorter than me?

thanks

Poker Stars $1.29+$0.21 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t75/t150 Blinds - 3 players - View hand 2281703
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: t1360 9.07 BBs
Hero (BTN): t1520 10.13 BBs
SB: t6120 40.80 BBs

Pre Flop: (t225) Hero is BTN with A T
Hero raises to t1520 all in, SB calls t1445, 1 fold

Last edited by B4Tb0Y; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: took off unnecessary board

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 01:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I shove here 100% of the time.

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 01:05 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
Very easy shove indeed. You and the other guy are even in stacksize so one of you has to double up to get ITM. If you wait longer because you have a few more chips, at some point he will be down to a few BB and get lucky and win an allin, and you are dead. Also notice his stack is not that much smaller, next hand you will be the big blind.. So you have very similar stacks here.

If the other shortstack and the bigstack happened to be very loose players, you may want to wait a few rounds. However, this hand should be good enough, as the big stack will call you with worse a lot. (I would).

Last edited by wilcogold; Wed Aug 14, 2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 09:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi B4T,

We really need some range estimates for these bubble spots to get the most informed opinions, but it looks like a clear shove to me. If you are working on these bubble spots in 6 and 9 mans, get an ICM calculator like ICMIZER or PT4 comes with one included, so you can run these though vs. some different ranges and get some feel for your push/fold ranges here.

I put this one through... if we assume the SB is calling us with roughly 30% of hands, and the BB is much tighter at 8%, ATo is a definite shove... our shoving range vs those call frequencies should be:

(16.7%) 44+,A2s+,A7o+,KTs+,KQo

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com