Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Aug 14, 2013, 08:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hello, I am interested in taking part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsIflop View Post
Hello, I am interested in taking part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello nutsIflop,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#4)

How did I play this?

Also, I've passed the quiz.

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi nutsIflop! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this when you get on to the real money tables. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option. There are several useful settings in the software for things like this, and I've listed them in my blog.
You have JJ in late position and the action in front of you is two limps and a raise that is double the size of the pot. If you had a read that this player likes to bully the table by raising big with marginal hands, then re-raising for value would make sense, as JJ is a big hand. Most of the time, however, I would just call this raise, as JJ does not play well against the range of hands that will contnue if you 3-bet. By that, I mean that villain could 4-bet/shove with hands like QQ+/AK which have your jacks in bad shape. Another problem with your raise is the sizing. You made it 400, which is almost half your starting stack. It's pretty crazy to be making a bet of 400 when the blinds in this game are 5 and 10. If you put a third of your stack in the pot, you're commited and cannot fold even if the flop is bad for your hand. It would be pretty horrible if this bet gets a couple of callers and the board comes AKx, because the pot would be 4 or 5 times your remaining stack, and you'd have to get the rest in when you're unlikely to be winning. As played, the original raiser re-raises. He's saying "I have a monster hand", and that monster hand can beat your jacks. That being said, you've already committed to the pot so you have to go all in, when it's clear you don't have the best hand, and will almost certainly have to hit a two-outer to win.
The pot is ultimately won by KT which shouldn't really be in the pot given the pre-flop action, and you see the original raiser had you crushed with QQ.
You were always doomed to lose some chips on this hand, but I think just calling the original bet of 100 would have been better. You would have been able to get away on the flop when it came king high, so you wouldn't have got stacked. When you get on the real money tables, be more careful with JJ. Treat it a bit like TT/99 and see if you can flop a set or an overpair. By all means open-raise it, but don't bloat the pot pre-flop with a re-raise, as you'll find yourself up against QQ+/AK if you do.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 10:50 PM
(#8)

How did I play this hand? Was this a terrible bluff attempt?

People bet big to: 1. To protect against strong draws
2. To get value from strong hands
3. To bluff opponents off decent hands

Also I've passed the quiz.

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:36 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi nutsIflop,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post
When I play small pocket pairs vs a raiser, my objective would be to set mine. We are getting a good price to call preflop to set mine so my plan would be to check fold whenever we miss and check-raise or check-call when we hit, depending on the flop texture. Here I think it's important to stick to this plan, however when the flop was checked back I think there might be a small opportunity for a bluff on the turn because our hand will not win often enough at showdown because villain will have higher pocket pairs than us. So if I were to bluff, I would bet the turn to fold better pocket pairs. I would not bluff the river because it's hard for our opponent to understand what we are trying to represent.

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#11)
Thank you

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#12)
Hello nutsIflop,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#13)
I've earned 10 VPP.

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 03:03 PM
(#14)
May I get an answer please?

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#15)
Hi nutsIflop

That's great to hear! It can take 48-72 hrs for those VPPs to show in our admin systems so I'll check tomorrow for you and hopefully by then we can move to the next step.

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 08:46 PM
(#16)
I've received it, what is the last step?

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 09:38 AM
(#17)
Congratulations nutsIflop!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com