Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Thu Aug 15, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi im new here. I want to participate in the Bankroll Builder promotion to learn and play poker.

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywei View Post
Hi im new here. I want to participate in the Bankroll Builder promotion to learn and play poker.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
3 steps done - Fri Aug 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#4)

Hi CannonLee,
I've completed all 3 steps. The above is a random 'PLAY MONEY' hand I played in PokerStars. I was going to check raise the flop but unfortunately nobody bet the flop.

Thanks,
ywei

Last edited by ywei; Fri Aug 16, 2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

What would be your reasoning for check raising this flop?

In a multi way limped pot I'd expect some of these villains limping range to connect with this board, whether it be a range of Qx Jx or worse flush draw combos, it'll be hard for a villain to fold top pair as most turn cards that do not complete our hand for the flush if the board can run out LL HL (L = low card | H = high cards) also we have about in the range of 50% equity versus QsTc and 2 other random hands, so that means any money we invest on this flop we can expect to win back 50% of it back.

As played on the turn, there are several hands that we can extract value from, flush draws, Qx Jx Kx, your bet sizing is perfect as well! On the river it's tough to assign back door flush combos that they may have completed their hand, but the flop did go checks all around..

Nice pot and well done! Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#6)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Feedback to Step Two - Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#7)
Hi Coach CL,
First, thanks you for the hand analysis.

Response to Step Two:
1)

Button player's hole card is 44.

I got TT in the CO position. I raised to 4BB with 1 limper before me, hoping the Button to fold, but the Button called. Flop is kinda dry, but I didn't c-bet because of the overcard Q and the Button player.

Everyone checked and here comes the turn. SB bet 1BB which is so weak. It seems like a pot size control. Should I raise here? Anyway I called.

The river card K might hit some range of the Button player and I got some showdown value, so I didn't bet the river.

I wonder where I can improve my play to get some more value.

2)
Reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
-to put a lot of pressure on the oppenents
-to bluff people off decent cards
-to gain value from oppenents' strong hands
-to protect angainst strong draws

3)
Study and pass the Cash Game quiz: DONE!

Thanks,
ywei

Last edited by ywei; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 02:48 AM..

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 09:50 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

With one limper ahead of us, I'd definitely raise 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper to isolate this villain, we have a strong pocket pair and the chance of this villain limping a premium pair better than our tens is VERY slim, but let's certainly not rule out any traps in their range.(I'd presume that villain has been playing loose/passive)

Now we get 3 callers from the BTN, SB and BB. I'd expect the villains range on the button to be fairly middling with some set mine hands (low pocket pairs) but not strong enough to reraise. Because if they did indeed have a strong hand they'd be re-raising us to squeeze out the two players left to act behind behind them and our stack depth (80bb to 100bb) can be had for value.

As for the SB cold calling a 4x raise with the action that ensued ahead of them, their range would be much stronger as they are willing to play an inflated pot with a positional disadvantage post flop on such a short stack depth and if the BB decided to tag along with the action (in this situation they did) the SPR (stack to pot ratio) would be set up perfectly for an all in whether they elect to open jam, check raise etc..

The big blind could be defending with pretty much ATC (any two cards) as they are getting 4 to 1 on a call and are sitting semi-deep to where they won't be pot committed.

Post flop, this is a pretty dry board texture. But the chances of any of the villains having a range of some drawing equity are slim..maybe they could turn some back door equity which will happen more often than one might realize. I doubt any of these villains have a solid piece of this flop and their range will consist of ace high or king high on this board more often than them actually having a top pair holding..because as for a 4xbb cold calling range with out any real specific reads (QT QJ KQ AQ) is pretty much all we could put them on and those are very few combos they could maybe have.

This to me is clearly a spot to bet for thin value, they'll have high card floats just way to often here. A bet sizing of 1/2 pot for value will not inflate the pot and if we get raised we could easily pitch our hand (fold). That sizing will induce a lot of high card floats and there is no need to worry about them trying to improve to a 3out hand or 6outs as that equity is minimal versus our made hand.

The turn, pretty much the same line as on the flop, 1/2 pot sizing. But the villains will most likely fold out any thin equity they have (that being high card) which is fine.

If we get called on the turn, we could elect to just check, as all of their high card floats may have got there and we do not want to be value owning our self. Although the chances that these loose villains improved their hand to a king are still very slim.

As for your question, I'd focus on bet sizing to maximize your value, a good general rule of thumb is to bet 2/3 to 3/4 pot size for value, although there will be some situations that will arise where it will be hard for a villain to have a second nut holding (a worse hand that can call) and 1/2 pot sizing could be taken into consideration. Also, focus on being aware of the table dynamic (who is loose, tight, spewy) and what range of holdings are they taking to showdown. Start taking notes on the villains and what their tendencies are coupled with color coding as to help quickly profile them while on the fly.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#9)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#10)
I think I hit the 'earning 10VPP' target, but the 3rd bonus hasn't been sent to me. Is there any time gap between earning the VPP and getting the 3rd bonus?

I have been playing NL2 9-max zoom and some freeroll MTTs. Is there any problem?

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywei View Post
I think I hit the 'earning 10VPP' target, but the 3rd bonus hasn't been sent to me. Is there any time gap between earning the VPP and getting the 3rd bonus?

I have been playing NL2 9-max zoom and some freeroll MTTs. Is there any problem?

Hi,

Any VPPs that where accrued prior to the release of your second bonus do not count towards your 3rd bonus. Only VPPs earned after receiving the second bonus count. When you have reached 10VPPs with/after the second bonus your third bonus will be automatically credited to you and this may take up to 24hrs.

Please ONLY play regular tables of full ring 9-Max NLHE 0.01/0.02c and nothing else as your training is focused primarily on this game format, not doing so may render you ineligible for future bonuses. Although free rolls are fine to play.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#12)
Thank you for the detailed reply. Now I hit the 'earning 10 VPPs' target! What should I do next?

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 07:48 PM
(#13)
Fantastic!

Your have received your third Bankroll Builder bonus, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#14)
Hi,
I lost my 3rd bonus unfortunately mainly in 2 hands. There are several small pots before the 2 hands but there are too many of them and I won't post them all here.

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:52 AM
(#15)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I like the open raise with this suited connector, although keep in mind that we will be playing this hand for a stright or the flush most of the time. Rarely weill he feel comfortable with top pair as we will have kicker issues. Post flop I'd continuation bet 2/3 pot size and if we get called I'd shut down on the turn and river. This flop texture will hit a wide range of Kx or Jx holdings. The river is a tricky spot, now we have two pairs on a 4 straight board, the combos that this villain can be holding to make the straight are going to consist of a small portion of their entire range, but did you have any specific reads about this villains river aggression? I'd be almost forced to shrug call this spot with reads..but readless I'd wince and fold.

Hand Analysis

I'd make the standard 3bet sizing of 24c for pure value, even though we will be at a positional disadvantage the likelihood of this villain having a better pair than us is very slim..but still plausible. Post flop this is one of the ultimate scare textures..ace high in a 3bet pot..I'd elect to just continuation bet the flop and if called possibly check fold on the turn as AK AQ AJ AT are well within a middle position starting hand range.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:57 AM
(#16)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com