Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Trivia turbos

Old
Trivia turbos - Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi guys and gals

Im ok with the satellitte aspect well more so than the turbo part

But how on earth do you/should you play in these ?

I always lose..and i do mean always i must have had at least 8 goes by now and never come anywhere near

Im ok at other types of tournaments

I have had allin T9s v T8s he hits the 8

also Ak v AQ...he hitsthe Q

I did manage to build a biggerstack but that was when i got it in behind

They do seem very loose so I think I should tighten but as it a turbo you cant be too tight for long cn you?

Ive heard any 2 can win and in these literally i see it most games

rolo

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
A few of us in the PSO Members Chat group on Skype have been playing these games. Basically, they're flippaments. With so much shoving going on right from the start, you have to gamble it up, because the structure is too fast to sit around waiting for a hand. Quite how wide you shove/call depends on how your table is playing, but 88+/AQ+ has been working reasonably well for most of us. Once you get 10k in chips, you can usually timebank your way to a ticket, but it depends on the size of the field.

I think I've played 6 and won 2 tickets. Others I know have 3 or 4, but I'm sure they would happily admit that they had luck on their side when they went deep, and very little skill was involved, other than observing that particular opponents on their table are playing uber-loose and stacking off light.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#3)
Hi thanks

i been gamblin g it up never hit 10k had 8k once

thinki been bit to loose or carddead but lot bad luck

gl goign n 1 in few minutes so glad u replied in time and i checked back

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
(#4)
just so peopledont think ohh he just moaning i attempt for the first time ever to post a boom thingy here...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...773_F18A3B34F2

hope it worked

triped up from 1 bb to 3 bb later with TT then utg allin Q9s i have K6o i call he turns straight go figure

turbos are not for me then again it was free but i could have been doin other stuff lol

did i misplay the hand?..i sene peopel so loos ein these

anyone ever folding here?

Last edited by rolo834; Thu Aug 15, 2013 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: askin 2 questions

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 09:44 PM
(#5)
Ever folding KK pre-flop in a freeroll flippament? Um... no. Just no. I'm stacking off many worse hands in that spot. I saw villains going all in with hands like 84o and 75s, so KK is a fist-pump shove. You were just unlucky to run into the one hand that had you in bad shape.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 09:58 PM
(#6)
Thanks Arty i doubt everythign in these turbos

just the way i been running recently/lately in these..as soon a si go tKK and he riased preflop I thought uhoh hpe it not aces but i aint folding

when he 4 bet i was thinking AA even more ...i msu be due some luck or maybe i recently had lots and wa sdue bad run who knows....i did read/hear somewhere you can fold KKin satty ...after i posted my question i thought to myself nah he could have had QQ or JJ or AKs AKo

by the way is this what ranging means?

Really frustrated have 2 small blogs written and cant get i tto work lol...but Paul is hopefully helpign me on that.I watched th evideo but it different on my screen

no worries....i think i sent in 4 or 5 blogs all similar same but only latest is 1 i want for now

ad maybe the pic thing i want is impossible to do ...Royal sai dhe help me out tomorro

cheers

rolo

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:17 PM
(#7)
Quote: "by the way is this what ranging means?"

Yes. Each action a villain makes helps you to narrow his range. When you 3-bet a player, he will fold some of his opening range, and usually only continue with the better hands in that range. In trivia freerolls though, ranges are so wide to begin with that I wouldn't give much respect to an UTG opener unless he has tag/nit stats. You're correct to assume that in that hand, villain would probably get it in with JJ+/AQ+, and your kings are still a favourite against that range.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 11:34 PM
(#8)
Thanks..im startin to understand the lingo even more this way I can get more out of the training

I had no stats was only second hand in game..but i see generally yu say oh he UTG so he should have a strong range(so much wanted to type strong hand there)...and when he 4 bets his range narrows some what depending on player type kind of

So if w e had stats on him and he was very tight we could further narrow him down

whereas

if he was a maniac we can only narrow him down somewhat

I guess as they are freerolls it does make people do some strange things what I mean is if it was a $100 buyin they wouldnt be 4 betting with A2o ever unless its one of them levelling wars

I sometiems make some good plays but to improve im tryign to learn the theory behind the plays

rolo

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#9)
finannly manged to get in 1 of the 5 finals........out most of tomorrow visiting other side of th efamily sodoubt i can play in them tommoro

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com