Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

cetnik24

Old
cetnik24 - Thu Aug 15, 2013, 08:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
Hello can i become bankroll builder

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetnik24 View Post
Hello can i become bankroll builder
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi cetnik24,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
cetnik24: bankrollbuilder request - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Big risk with 56 and lost. poker basis quiz has been passed

Last edited by cetnik24; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: posted wrong hand

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetnik24 View Post

Big risk with 56 and lost. poker basis quiz has been passed
Hi cetnik24! Taking this line is the quickest way to busting your bankroll. The only hands that can profitably call here are KK and AA. Work on learning the fundamentals and starting hand ranges.

If you want to become a profitable player, you must avoid spots like this and instead work on being able to play postflop. Keep the pot small until you have a strong made hand like a set or better.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
A4 - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 05:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar

maybe this one better?

Old
Q10 - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

this one was nice also

Old
22 - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar

ducks

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know when you pass the Poker Basic course and we'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hello - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
i have passed Poker Basic course but i dont know how to post it on here

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:35 AM
(#12)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi cetnik24!

With A4, I get a min-raise in front of me. With a very weak ace, this is an instant fold. If I did raise, it would need to be to 3X the previous bet (120) but Ace/rag is nowhere near a strong enough hand to do this. Just because I have an A or suited cards does NOT mean that the hand is playable.
----------
With QTo, when the others limp, I'm more than happy to limp on the button and see a flop in position. It is also fine to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper preflop.

The flop gives me an OESD and an opp bets 20. Now, I need to see if I have the correct odds to call. I need to put 20 into a pot that will be 140 (14.3%). From the rule of 4 and 2, since I have 8 outs, my outs are worth 8*2% or 16% to the turn. Since my hand equity is higher than my pot equity, I will call this bet.

The turn gives me a straight and the opp makes another abnormally small bet. I'm going to make a standard raise for value here and a standard raise amount for 1 opp in the hand is a 1/2 pot raise. Due to this, I will raise to 100. I want to keep all of my bets/raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

The river is actually a scare card for me, as it pairs the board and makes a full house possible. When the opp makes another abnormally small bet, once again, I will make a 1/2 pot value raise... BUT... this bet pot-commits me as it's over 1/3 of my remaining stack. Due to this, I will shove the river.
-----------
With 22 from the BB, I'm more than happy to check and see a free flop when the opps limp.

I flop a bottom full house and with 4+ opps in the hand I need to make a pot-sized value bet. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps in the hand and the board texture. Due to this, I will bet 130. I do NOT want to overbet. The reason for this is that if any of the opps are competent players, they will only call this type of overbet if they have a better hand... what I don't want to happen. I want players with lesser hands to call and give me chips when I get a hand.

Standard bets and raises are the keys in these hands. They need to be made each and every hand that is played.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
0.1/0.2 play - Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar

i think i played this hand well

Old
3 reasons why a player want to make a big bet - Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
answers:
1) To protect against strong draws
2) To put a lot of pressure on opponents
3) To gain value from very strong hands

I hope i pass cash game quiz tomorrow

Old
88 - Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:59 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar

please tell me did i play too risky in this hand?

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#17)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi cetnik24! I'll analyse the hands in posts #14 and #16.

1. You have AT in the small blind and the action in front of you is a limp and an isolation raise to 5bb. This might surprise you, but the best play here is to fold. The small blind is the worst position at the table, because you'll be acting first post-flop. This makes it very hard to make money when you have the best hand, as players in position get to control the size of the pot. If you flop a monster, they can fold to your bet, so you don't get paid, but if they have a stronger hand, they can raise and win your whole stack. As played, you called and it was three-handed on the flop, which comes KQ8. I don't like your play from here at all. You only have a gutshot and an overcard, which is not a strong draw. The standard line to take here is to check to the pre-flop raiser to see if he makes a continuation bet, and then work out if you have the right price to call with your draw. By leading out with a donkbet, you risk getting "valueowned". You bet 8c into 33c, which is a very small bet in relation to the pot size, and you get raised by the played that initially limped in. I would expect him to have two pairs or a set of 8s here. In short, you never have the best hand. The initial raiser folds, so now you have to decide if you can make a profitable call. With only 4 outs to the nuts, and only 3 outs to top pair, which probably isn't going to be the best hand, you should probably fold. Villain only minraised, so the pot lays odds of 7 to 1 (the pot is 56 and you need to call 8) but your gutshot will only hit about 1 in every 11 times you call.
As played, you make the call and the turn is a 9. Here again, you made a donkbet, when you should be checking to the raiser of the previous street. Even worse is your bet-size; a minbet of 2c into a 65c pot. This bet makes no sense whatsoever. What are you trying to achieve? Villain is obviously going to raise here, because he knows he has you beat, but he makes a minraise, which is just as bad as your minbet. Now you actually do have the right odds to call with your gutshot, because you only need to call 2c into a 71c pot, which means you have direct pot odds of over 35 to 1! You call and the river is a jack, meaning you made Broadway and have the nuts. Here you decided to bet 10c. Once again, this is way too small! Look at the size of the pot. You should be trying to get as much value as possible, by choosing a bet-size that is about the most you think that a worse hand can call. Half pot is probably good, but you might even go for 75% of pot or more. Fortunately for you, villain raises for you, so you can re-raise and get paid.
You got a nice result in this hand, but it was not well played at all. As I said, folding pre-flop would be best, but once you see a flop, don't make such tiny bets, and don't keep donking into a player that has already indicated he has a real hand. When out of position with a draw, check-call to keep the pot small.

2. You took a similar line in this hand and I really don't like it. You call a raise with 88 in the small blind, and the flop comes QQ4. It's possible you have the best hand, but you weren't the pre-flop raiser. You should check to the villain to see what he does. Most of the time he will bet this flop whether he hit it or missed and you can call. When you donk out, villain will usually fold all his worse hands and only call with better ones. You don't want him folding his worse hands. You want him to bet with them. As played, you donk out and villain raises. He's saying "I have the best hand" and I would usually believe him and fold. It's definitely possible that he has trip queens, or a better pocket pair like TT or even AA. You should fold to this raise. Instead, you call, and see another queen on the turn. You made a full house, but every pocket pair has a full house, and most of them are better than yours. Once again, you donk out, when you should be checking. You've got to stop doing this. Let villain bet his hand (whether it's ace high or a better full house) and just call. Don't bloat the pot when it's not clear that you have the best of it. Villain just calls this time. You led out on the river, and I guess that's OK, but I don't see you getting called by worse very often. Villain will call or even raise with better hands.
Please try and remember the previous action. If you were the pre-flop raiser, by all means continue your aggression with a bet, but if you just called pre-flop, it's standard to check to the raiser. Don't valueown yourself. Keep the pot small by checking and calling.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
cash game course - Sat Aug 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
i just have passed cash game quiz, all 3 steps done

Last edited by cetnik24; Sat Aug 24, 2013 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: just changed text

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#20)
Hi cetnik24,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com