Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AKo in a 3bet pot

Old
AKo in a 3bet pot - Fri Aug 16, 2013, 01:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Villain VP14/PR10/F3B25(500). I assume that he's playing there 7.5% of hands right? Imo in a 3bet game hand rages a pretty narrow, board is dry there (and I'm not sure he would play draw agrressivly) and I thought that there aren't hands I'm ahead to, I'm splitting to AK and loosing to sets and AQ. so easy fold right?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Shichi,

Good fold! I'm folding TPTK here too with little to no chance to improve on later streets.
Yes he is continuing with 7.5% of his range to 3bets. And I like the 4x 3bet since he is not folding to 3bets well.

That's like: 77+, AJ+, KQs. I think they would be calling more when they are IP and less when they are OOP.
I would also expect them to 4bet AA/KK/AK. So here they could be sitting on 55, QQ, AQ, sometimes AK. Without any other reads this sounds like a descent fold

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello, Thanks for comment.
What other reads may I use here?

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Schichi, basically x/r and bluff tendencies on A highs or flop cbet raises with gutshots/draws. I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh especially with just 500 hands on villain though.

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Where do you get that 7.5% continuance range from?

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Nevermind i can see how you get that range of hands now. Just a thought though that 7.5% range cant be even close to what hes actually got because i never seen nits call 3bets OOP with AJs and KQ.

I would also be folding to this player on that flop as he can have AQ QQ and 55 here alot. Though with your sizing preflop even i wouldn't be calling OOP with half of that range so his raising range there just has us completely crushed.

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
He raises 10% of hands and folds to 3-bets 25% of the time. Ergo, he's continuing with 75% of 10% = 7.5%.

I wouldn't trust this sample size, however. 500 hands is enough for VPIP/PFR to "converge", but he could quite easily have had QQ+/AK most of the times he got 3-bet. Most tag-regs are folding to 3-bets at least 50% of the time, if not more.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com