Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder - Waynep71661

Old
Bankroll Builder - Waynep71661 - Fri Aug 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hello, I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder scheme! Thanks in advance, Wayne.

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#3)
Hi waynep71661,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Aug 16, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#4)

What do you think about this hand? Should I have shoved at first chance? Maybe this would have prevented the shove from the SB...? Thanks in advance! Wayne.

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:04 AM
(#5)
Hello, I have completed the first three tasks, am I ready for the next stage? Thanks in advance, Wayne.

Last edited by waynep71661; Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 06:56 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi waynep71661,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post
No, there is no reason to be shoving over the 4$, your sizing is good.
The main concern is if we should be calling all in with 300bbs. Typically, the answer would be no but then again this is play money and I'm not sure what players will go all in with. Obviously you had the best hand here but got unlucky!

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#8)
Thanks! I thought that it was a decent initial raise, I was mainly trying to get rid of the weaker hands that might get lucky, as AK (even AA) can be vulnerable against many opponents, which is typical in play money scenarios as there is technically nothing to lose... I hope that my play would fair better in a real money scenario! There were a few other hands I were going to show but I think I've learnt my lesson, as normally I would just raise and call automatically, without really taking into account things such as position, call equity etc. So far so good!

Many thanks, Wayne.

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#10)

I think I did pretty bad in this hand, but not sure exactly what I should have done differently... Maybe I should have re-raised, or bet out on the flop, a big bet would have probably nocked him off of his flush draw, then again he might have called me off anyway. I feel that any re-raise pre-flop would have just gotten a call or a three bet, post flop I'm beaten by a set, two-pair or pocket aces, not to mention AK or KK, though I'm sure his pre-flop bet would've been higher had those hands been the case. I have to admit, I think the biggest flaw I made here was the huge over-bet, though I did think I was in the lead with triple Kings, therefore was trying to entice a call due to him thinking I was on a bluff, this was way over what I should've bet. Had I bet smaller, he may have flat called, which would have saved me some chips, he might have also shoved, representing a really strong hand which would've made me evaluate the situation more, I might have spotted the flush draw. It's a costly but valuable lesson, which does fit in with the second part of the promotion, thanks Pokerschoolonline!

(Answer to the question);

1. To bluff off their opponents.
2. To get value from their hand.
3. To represent a bluff with a strong hand.

Last edited by waynep71661; Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 03:20 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 07:32 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi waynep71661! I'll analyse the hand in post #10

I think this hand is fine up until the river. Villain bets fairly small on each street, but notice that he did bet the turn when the flush draw got there. This usually means he either has the flush, or he has another strong hand like a two pairs or a set, and he doesn't want you to have a bargain price if you hold a diamond. I would be very cautious here, as your one pair on the turn is not often winning. Villain could have KJ, 88 or a flush, and with these, you can only beat KJ if a queen comes on the river. You make trips on the river, and I'd actually make a small blocking bet here. I'd lead out for about a third of the pot. If villain is super strong, with a full house, he'll usually raise and you can make a relatively easy fold. With flushes and worse hands, he'll usually just call, and you'll get to see a showdown pretty cheaply. The problem with check-raising all in is that you are never getting called by worse hands. Whenever you have a hand with value, before betting or raising, ask yourself "Can I get called by worse?" If no worse hands can call, then don't make the bet/raise. You're actually repping a full house when you shove this river, but most villains will find it hard to fold a flush. Villain calls here and wins your stack. I think the best way to minimise your losses here would have been to make the blocking bet, or you could just check-call, as villain gave you a very cheap price to see if you are good.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#13)
Thank you so much! I am strangely happy that I lost all of my stack in this scenario and learnt such a game changing lesson, I will definitely take everything you've said on board, you've helped a lot!

P.S I've just passed the cash game quiz and am ready to continue onto the next stage! Thanks in advance once more, Wayne.

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 08:03 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#15)
Unfortunately I made a terrible play and lost the second bonus... I will upload the suitable hand/s now.

Last edited by waynep71661; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 07:03 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#16)

These are two hands which both show the reasons why I lost my 2nd bonus, I think that I'm not being patient enough which is a huge mistake, if I'd been more patient and thought about the hand possibilities of my opponents based on pre-flop and post-flop (if applicable) betting actions, I might have been able to avoid getting committed to unmade pre-flop hands. I think that I went too crazy with the AK, just assuming that because it's a strong starting hand that it means nothing can beat it post-flop, with the A3 however I think that I had wasted too much money before realising that A3 wasn't actually a strong hand in this situation...

I'd like to hear what you guys think about these hands, also to see if I can still continue on with the promotion;

Thanks in advance!

- Wayne

Last edited by waynep71661; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 09:24 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:02 AM
(#17)

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Wayne,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

I think your self evaluation is spot on With the A3 hand it is a fold preflop for me. With the AK hand, I like that you raised the BTN open but I would make it atleast 0.20$ (3x the raise + 1bb for being OOP) and I'd be willing to get all the money in if we get 4bet because in Steal vs Blinds or Blinds vs Blinds ranges would generally be looser.
I think you need to have a closer look at your bet sizing to be able to manipulate the pot according to your plan with the hand.

GL at the tables!

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 04:06 AM
(#19)
Thanks for this!! I've looked back on the hand and yes, I can see now that an all in would have been a more valid play after 3 bet, as AK will beat hands like QQ, lower pocket pairs etc about 1/3 of the time. I was hoping that he had missed the flop (as I had) and would fold, but looking back I have no clue what I was trying to represent, as the board was completely dry, I also hadn't taken into account that my opponent must have a premium hand.

Thanks! I'm ready for the next stage.

Kind regards, Wayne.

Old
Thumbs up
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
(#20)
Hello, I've completed the tasks for this stage, I'm awaiting further instructions, many thanks, Wayne.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com