so this hand was today during the Saturday game,

the Coach said it might be a nice hand to review here so i am posting it
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...563_A1ABA5051E

should i have called?

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Your biggest mistake is 3-betting this pre-flop. You're actually getting a pretty sweet price to just call and set-mine so that's usually what I would do and go from there. The problem with 3-betting pre-flop is that it's very hard to get it in against a worse hand, as you're actually over-representing your hand (meaning your range looks something like AQ+/TT+) by squeezing from the BB so when you get 4-bet, unless the villain shows up with AQ/AK you're usually dominated.

As played, you have 2 options imo and they both kinda suck: A) bet-fold or B) check-fold. I think you did the right thing by at least folding to the villain's flop raise as I wouldn't expect many/any bluffs in their range...gl!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com