Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AA versus 3bet from blinds

Old
AA versus 3bet from blinds - Sun Aug 18, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011

Stats : 19/15, 3bet 3(1 out of 29)

Choose not to 4bet because of position where 3bet was coming from. Tought he might be restealing or valueing more light,so I can win at least a cbet from him. With QQ KK he put his stack on flop anyways.Worse would fold to 4bet. How would you played this one, and why? Thanks in advance

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 01:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi morduk,

I really prefer 4-betting here for 2 main reasons:

1) Villain is a very nitty 3-bettor, so his range rates to be pretty strong right now (but may not like the flop so much)

2) Because we are on the button opening we will get less credit than normal for a real hand, making it less likely villain will fold his already strong 3b range to a 4b, and a bit more likely he'll 5b us with hands like QQ and AK. Since his range rates to be strong, and we cooler all of it preflop, reopen the betting now while he thinks he's got the button stealer in a world of hurt.

I would also raise directly on the flop. It's pretty essential imo as his range is largely JJ+ and AK, and if he doesn't have a club then another one coming will freeze your action (and if he does have the K or Q of clubs, it will embolden him and he may well 3b/get it in right on the flop with JJ-KK and a club draw... and he's certainly never folding with a big club). There's just so many potential action killers... give 2 red Q's a chance to stack off now or at least put more money in now before an overcard or club comes and freezes him.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com