Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

B-B

Old
B-B - Tue Aug 20, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
i want try get BankroolBuilder promo.

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparssveid View Post
i want try get BankroolBuilder promo.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello kasparssveid,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#4)

How can i know when opponenet are calling with any draw?

p.s passed quiz

Last edited by kasparssveid; Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#5)
Hi kasparssveid,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 11:55 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kasparssveid!

With KJo in the SB, I get 5 limps, then an abnormally large raise to 150 (a standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper). While KJ is a hand with some potential, especially since I'm out of position, I need to muck this to the very large raise preflop. One common mistake that players tend to have is to play too many hands from the blinds because they already have chips in the pot. This is a big chip leak, as I only want to play very strong hands from the blinds since I'm out of position.

If I saw the flop, which I would not, when I see that I hit top pair, I need to make a standard value bet. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps in the hand, I need to make a pot-sized bet.. BUT.. I don't have this many chips, so I'd need to shove the flop. This can create a big problem too, because by betting less than the size of the pot with this many opps, they could be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds to draw and they do end up outdrawing me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The key here is to muck a marginal hand preflop when out of position.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 03:10 AM
(#7)
Ok,tnx) sounds logical.
Whats next?!

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:38 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 01:51 AM
(#9)

Was this correct play from my side if i floped monster? or should i bee more carefull because of flush?

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#10)
Hi kasparssveid,

Thank you for posting this hand and one of the Hand Analysers will take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

All the best!

flophitter

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 02:32 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparssveid View Post

Was this correct play from my side if i floped monster? or should i bee more carefull because of flush?
Hi kasparssveid!

This was an interesting spot! Preflop, 10Jo is fine to open with from late position. On the flop, you have the nut straight, but a flush is possible. Did you have any notes/reads on the sb? What type of hands has he called with earlier or what type of hands has he bet with post flop?

A large portion of players at 2NL would slowplay the nut flush here, for example if he was holding Ax of hearts. They prefer to give the opponents a chance to bet into the pot rather than scare them off by leading out. On the other hand, any non-flush made hand such as one pair, two pair, sets, or straights might lead out hoping to get some folds. Also, Many overcard hands containing a big heart might bet thier draw aggressively. The bb folded which also helps you since you now only need to contend with one opponent.

Your hand is beating everything but a flush. Additionally, you have the J of hearts. If another heart comes you might have the best flush.

Now, if we look at the villain's bet size on the flop, he bet 20c into a pot of 18c. Again, this doesn't look like a bet that wants to get called. It looks more like he wants to get folds. If he were betting for value, I would expect a 50% - 80% pot bet, not an over sized bet. Had he bet 50% on the flop and again on the turn, I would be more inclined to give him credit for a flush.

I think calling, as you did on the flop is good. You might have the best hand now and your hand can still improve if a fourth heart comes. Finally, notice the stack sizes. The villain only has 51bb on the flop and you have him covered. By calling now, we can expect that any bet on the turn or river will more or less commit him to playing for his stack.

Raising all in on the turn is perfect and much better than calling. Much of the villain's raising range will consist of two pair, sets and A of heart x hands which he is hoping to improve on the river. It is important to bet now while you are still ahead AND while the villain still has hopes of improving. If you had called and the villain misses on the river, they will fold most of these hands to any bet you make. Raising the turn gets you maximum value for your hand.

Yes, sometimes you will run into a flush, but the villain's line on the flop (leading with a more than pot sized bet) will more often than not be something other than a flush. Finally, note that if both of you were deep stacked, we would need to be more careful about stacking off here. Yet, with the villain's smaller stack, getting all in will be profitable.

Well played

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 10:13 AM
(#12)
Hi kasparssveid,

Now just let me know when you have done your remaining tasks and I can award you with your bonus and we can move onto the next step!

flophitter

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#13)
passed quiz,whats next?! )

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#14)
That's great to hear But I still need this one from you:

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:09 PM
(#15)
1. To build up a decent pot
2. To get the value for a strong or monster hand.
3. To protect our hand.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#16)
Hello kasparssveid,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#17)

Outs dont guarantee win. :/

Soon afther that lost rest of money.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#18)
Hi kasparssveid

Thanks for the hand but sorry to hear of your bad run. We'll have the analysis here soon.

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:07 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi kasparssveid! I'll analyse the hand in post #17.

Firstly, there is only one player on this table with you. Heads up play is quite different to full ring play, as you have to play a lot more hands than usual in order to recoup the blinds you'll pay. I would recommend you leave a full ring table and find a full one as soon as there are 2 or 3 empty seats, so that you can continue with the patient and disciplined style recommended in the PSO courses. Nevertheless, I'll analyse this hand.
Heads up in position, A8s is strong enough to raise, and it's fine to call the re-raise, but you could be behind. The flop is about as good as you can hope for, as you have the nut flush draw and an overcard. Villain makes quite a large bet, but you can call, as you'll likely win a big pot if you hit the flush. On the turn, you pick up 3 more outs to a straight. Villain goes all in, so it comes down to pot odds. With 12 outs (9 clubs, and three more 10s) you have about a 25% chance of making the best hand on the river. This means you can call villain's bet if your call will represent less than 25% of the final pot. If you call, the final pot will be $1.82, but the 59c call is almost a third of that. 59/182 = 32%. Since you have less than a 32% chance of making the nut straight or flush, you should fold to this bet. It won't be profitable in the long run to call this bet.
Be more careful when chasing straights and flushes. If villain bets more than half pot, you usually can't call with draws, so need to fold.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 05:14 AM
(#20)
Hi kasparssveid,

Good news - your third Bankroll Builder bonus has been processed and it will be in your account shortly!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com