Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder - Tue Aug 20, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
WhiteStar
Hello my name is Thiago and i would like to take part to the Bankroll builder promotion.
Thank you.

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 11:38 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello Thiagonoro,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar

should i have played this hand? did i played it right?

completed the 3 steps.

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Thiagonoro!

With ATs from UTG+1, this is a marginal hand to open with, as with so many opps left to act, I can be easily dominated. Normally, I try to stick to AJs+ or AQo+ but sometimes I will play ATs here. If I do play it, I need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 1 limper, I need to raise to 200. Raising less than this can give the opps the correct odds to be in the hand against me, which I want to avoid doing if at all possible.

The flop totally misses me. With this many opps in the hand, I'm going to check and fold to any sizable bet. Bets post flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4+ opps in the hand, a standard bet sizing is a pot-sized bet and with ace high and a not-so-great kicker, my hand is not worth betting this. Once again here, I do not want to bet less than the standard amount, as I can be giving opps that are behind in the hand, the correct odds to outdraw me.

I always want to use standard bet sizes, as that helps to conceal the strength of my hand, as I'll make the same bet with any cards that I'm playing. Players that make larger bets with better hands and lower bets with marginal or bad hands are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I want to avoid.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant Thiagonoro!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 01:08 PM
(#7)
WhiteStar
Hi there,
The answer is:
-For value - winning a bigger pot.
-When putting on pressure.
-When protecting strong hands against possible stronger draws.

after flop i was afraid of a K and was in doubt of checking, since i was out of position, or raising (for the draw). should i have played for value or bluffing on the post flop?
should i have checked behind on the turn to control the pot?
since he wouldn't be slow playing on the river i betted. the amount was right?

already passed the cash game quiz, was really tricky.
thanks for the help.

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 02:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Thiagonoro! I'll analyse the hand in post #7.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option. There are several useful settings in the software for things like this, and I've listed them in my blog.

You were fortunate to get a hand that was more than playable this time. With JJ, opening for a raise is correct. You get called in two spots, and this is generally bad news for jacks, as many flops will contain overcards, and it's more likely you're behind in multiway pots. The flop comes KT4, all hearts. This is a tricky spot. You're losing to quite a few hands, like Kx, TT, 44 and flopped flushes, but you have a reasonably good flush draw yourself. I would actually check here and hope to see a free turn card. The problem with betting is that it's hard to get called by worse, unless a villain just has the bare or . I would try and keep the pot small. By checking, you could also get value from worse on later streets.
As played, you made a continuation bet, but it's far too small. Always bet between half pot and full pot on the flop and turn. Anything less gives draws the right price, and it also looks very weak. The villain in the big blind check-raises, and he could be doing this with a monster hand or as a semi-bluff. Because you bet so small, he might be preying on your weakness by bluffing with total air, thinking you'll fold on this scary board. I think it's hard to fold now, as you have the flush draw even if you're behind. You call and the turn comes a blank 5. Strangely, the villain that raised the flop just checks now. It seems he has a draw and wants to get to the river cheaply. He could be going for the check-raise again, so I'm not particularly keen on betting, but you can get value from draws by betting half pot. Once more, your bet is far too small. Villain is not making a mistake if he calls here with the flush draw, because you've giving him a bargain price. You gave the reasons for betting big above, and "protecting strong hands against possible stronger draws" applies here. Force your opponents to make mistakes. If you don't charge them to draw, then they aren't making a mistake! The river comes a total blank, and while making a value bet might seem natural, I don't think you'll get called very often. The flush draw missed, and worse pairs won't be calling. Occasionally, villain will call with just a 10 if you bet small, but mostly he'll only give you action if he has a king. Here he folds, so it seems he had a heart draw all along.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#9)
WhiteStar
what about the buy in, when i will receive it?

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiagonoro View Post

should i have played this hand? did i played it right?

completed the 3 steps.
With A10 in early position i wouldn't have raised because your hand wasn't a monster hand, was marginal, and because there were many people ahead of you to call.
After seeing how many people called after your raise, the c-bet was not necessary because you completely missed and only spent a little amount of your money. There would be a high probability that someone ahead of you had a draw and would keep chasing or someone actually hit.

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello Thiagonoro,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 10:06 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
so this is the last bonus i will receive?
if it is, will be another $2?

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 10:54 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
There are 4 total bonuses in this promotion.

John JWK24

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#14)
WhiteStar
just got 10 VPPs with almost $10 on the bankroll!

thaks for the support this program has been giving. it really helps

wondering if will be some multi tables courses or sit and gos

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
This promotion is ONLY for 2NL FULL RING cash games. If you play any other type of game or table, you will be INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion.

It can take 48-72 hours for the vpps to show in our system.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 02:39 PM
(#16)
WhiteStar
ok haven't played any other type of game, only full ring cash games of 0,02

Last edited by Thiagonoro; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 08:20 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 08:22 PM
(#17)
WhiteStar
just received my $2 bonus, what is the next task?

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 10:22 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Fantastic!

There are three ways in which you can earn your last bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com