Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL FR Zoom: 3-betting light vs ABC reg

Old
25NL FR Zoom: 3-betting light vs ABC reg - Tue Aug 20, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
This hand comes from 25NL FR Zoom. The btn is a known reg. He plays a pretty standard ABC game and opens with a wide range from position. Making 3-bets with marginal hands like this is pretty standard on 6-Max and seems to have an even greater likelyhood to succeed at Full Ring where players are more careful.

Aynthing I need to worry about with this line, assuming I am not overdoing it. My 3-bet% is usually between 4% and 5%.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...441_784FCE31F5

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
If this reg opens wide from button and to 3x as standard then this is likely very profitable. I find that there is a wide range of fold to 3 bet stats from the regs, you did not say what his fold to 3 bet is? I don't want to do this if he is likely calling. Also worth considering his fold to cbet in a 3bet pot if he is a bit prone to call.
Like the sizing, like the hand you are doing this with - good hand, don't really want to call with it tho.

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
If this reg opens wide from button and to 3x as standard then this is likely very profitable. I find that there is a wide range of fold to 3 bet stats from the regs, you did not say what his fold to 3 bet is? I don't want to do this if he is likely calling. Also worth considering his fold to cbet in a 3bet pot if he is a bit prone to call.
Like the sizing, like the hand you are doing this with - good hand, don't really want to call with it tho.
Good point! I just added Fold to 3bet as a new stat in my HUD, thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Greg,

It's fine, sizing is good. I would also be looking at his F3B stat, c-betting stats, etc., as well as who the BB player is. But if he's opening wide from the button I'm definitely defending, and I do think flat is an option here sometimes as we will dominate some of his wide opening range that he'll fold to a 3b a lot (QT, K8, suited connector hearts type stuff). If the BB is a big fish I prefer flatting and inviting him in.

I would 3b light here with hands just outside the range I think I can profitably call, and this is about the bottom of that range, so either is fine imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Aug 20, 2013 at 02:44 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com