Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bet to find out?

Old
bet to find out? - Tue Aug 20, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi, recently I was said no to be shy about publishing my hands. I'm a definition of poker bigginer and I keep running into situations like this one - http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0BB792B89A
Is there a way how to play differently/better with boarded overcard to my pocket pair?

Thanks

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Bakelants,

When we have small to medium pocket pairs, sometimes we call a raise sometimes we re-raise ourselves, and other times we just fold. It depends on our opponent and on the depth of money.

On the flop, there is no point in betting. We will fold worse hands and get called by better. I would take a check-call line to let our opponent bet his missed hands and then re-asses the turn card.

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
If your opponent is on the tight or passive side, I fold pre as I prefer 20:1 implied odds as I am less likely to be paid off when I do hit.

If they are reasonably aggressive I agree with the post above.

Good decisions.

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey Bakelants,

Seeing that your question is about betting for information I thought you might like these two PokerStars videos

1. Betting (for information)

2. Gathering Information

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com