Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll =)

Old
Question
Bankroll =) - Wed Aug 21, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
BronzeStar
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion please .

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZokyCro View Post
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion please .
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi ZokyCro,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Hi i passed basic course and wanted to know was rise on flop to low or was it a good play

Last edited by ZokyCro; Thu Aug 22, 2013 at 08:48 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 07:57 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
helooo anybody there

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi ZokyCro! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

Thanks for posting this hand. The first thing to point out is that this is a 6-max table, where the play is loose and aggressive. The PSO beginner courses are designed for full ring tables, where a disciplined and patient style is profitable, so please sit on 9-handed tables for the remainder of this promotion. Nevertheless, I'll take a look at this hand.

You have 66 in the big blind and 4 villains have limped. While you often have the best hand, I'm not keen on raising, because it's hard to get called by many worse hands, and you'll nearly always get called and have to play a flop which will contain overcards to your pair almost always. It's not a good idea to bloat the pot when you'll be out of position (OOP) with a hand that doesn't flop very well. I'd prefer to just check my option and go set-mining for free. As played, you raised to 120, which would be a good size if you had something that makes a good top pair or overpair (AK/AQ/KQ/JJ+) and got called in 3 spots. Fortunately, you hit your two-outer and made a set on a wet 876 flop. It's possible that someone flopped a straight, but more likely someone has a straight draw. The SB leads out with a fairly small bet, and your raise is excellent. If he has a draw, you want to charge him a premium, and you'd also like to thin the field, because with multiple opponents your set is more vulnerable. Strangely, everyone calls, so the pot is huge. The jack on the turn doesn't change anything, because there is no flush draw and T9 already had a straight. With 2580 in the pot and only 629 in your stack, you only have one good move and that's to go all in for value. Through no fault of your own, villains still have the right odds to call with open-ended straight draws (all the calls on previous streets have made the pot bigger than remaining stacks) so you need to dodge 8 outs on the river. Luckily, your set survives, as no T or 4 hits on the river. Nice hand!

Hope this helps!
Good luck with the next stage of the promotion. Just remember to play on 9-handed full ring tables!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar

i was wondering ws this a good fold

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 12:10 AM
(#10)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 12:32 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZokyCro View Post

i was wondering ws this a good fold
Hi ZokyCro!

What was your read/notes on the bb? I often choose to fold KJo preflop when in the blinds. It sounds pretty nitty, but it keeps me out of trouble. KJ can be tough to play because you will never be sure if you have top kicker facing AK or AJ. Playing out of position also makes this tough to play. So, unless I know the villain is fairly passive, I fold KJo preflop, but would call with KJs since it gives me the extra flush chances.

As played, you flop top pair. Leading out as you did is fine. When the villain calls what type of range can we put him on (remember he raised preflop too)? His range probably contains a lot of Ax hands that we are currently beating. When the A comes on the turn I think it helps a lot of his range. I would suggest checking the turn. If the villain checks behind great. If he makes a small bet we might call depending on our read on him. You have some showdown value with second pair. We should try to control the pot by keeping it small. Hopefully we can improve on the river or at least get to the showdown cheaply.

Leading with a bet on the turn gets you value owned. If the A is a scare card for the villain (he doesn't have one), he will fold all the hands you are beating. This prevents you from possibly winning more from him on later streets. The only hands that will continue after you lead out are the hands beating you. He might have a set, AK or some other Ax hand. This means you are losing more than necessary.

Folding to the raise as you did was your best move as played. Good fold

I hope this helps GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 01:31 AM
(#12)
Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com