Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Made a Note on this Guy

Old
Made a Note on this Guy - Wed Aug 21, 2013, 08:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
What note should I take on this opponent?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...605_1381927FDB

All I could think of to type in notes was.

'Probably hates my guts'

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
What note should I take on this opponent?

Ed

10NLz / call btn 88 flop top set no raise slow play

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 09:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I think his line is fairly standard, although I'd personally raise the flop most of the time, so maybe this guy is a perrenial slowplayer. "Overbet shove-raises river with eff nuts" might be worth noting, but it's hard to know what villain was thinking. Because you checked the turn, your hand looks like KK/QQ (and not AK/AA) so he's not often getting called by worse.
I'm sure he hates you though. He might have written "slowplays top set" for you too.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 21, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Hi Arty,

Even if the villain is thinking and we have another note "10NLz / call btn AKs no 3b". If we x/r turn are they even thinking how strong that is? Value town vs tptk draws.

Sometimes I give up on what they are thinking I am thinking in micros. Didn't take a note on this one just my yellow label wtfish the loose shove is so wrong.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...746_24D481CE06

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Aug 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Slowplays flopped set would be the only note I'd take. It's not stellar info since a lot of players do this, but it's useful to know none the less, when he does raise in similar spots in the future you can remove monsters from his range, so he's raising 1 pair to "see where he's at" and draws as a semi-bluff. If you see through more observation he tends to flat A8/99/TT in these spots, then you can weight his flop raising range in these spots heavily to draws.

Don't check/call the turn imo! The ace is a perfect barreling card for our non-strong hands, so we'll get less credit betting again on the turn sometimes, and his flop calling range (in addition to a once in a while flopped set slowplay) is basically pairs and flush draws... get more money in now from the flush draw before he misses. Even if we had a read that villain was very aggro and attacks perceived weakness, betting is better... once we check-raise it looks very strong, but if we bet on the smaller side it looks like we're following through but hate the ace, and we'll induce raises from that opponent type.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Aug 22, 2013 at 02:47 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
I think his line was standard seen as you didn't give him the option to raise the turn, i might note his bet sizing but here i think is pointless because you checked the turn so he might of made a half pot bet to get a call from more hands.

I would be more likely to take a note on how you played it though checked called a turned set and donked half pot on the river. My only problem with note taking now i think is they seem to long to me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com