Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 25 Zoom: KK, barrel on paired boared and flush draw on turn?

Old
NL 25 Zoom: KK, barrel on paired boared and flush draw on turn? - Thu Aug 22, 2013, 04:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hey,

only 70 hands on villain:

VPIP: 16 / PFR: 13 / AF: 1 / Steal from SB: 4 out of 5 times

think without the flush draw OTT it would be a bet/fold, but with the Ks not to sure which line would be best here. There is still value to gain mainly from Qx or 88 - JJ with one spade, but I dont like bet/fold or bet/call to much OTT, if he shoves, so maybe just check turn for pot control and call river or bet myself when check to OTR?

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 09:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Almightybald,

Villain does not look to be spewy nor fishy. And we are unlikely to be bluffed off this hand due to his passiveness. If we try to think what hands they would call a 3bet OOP BvB, I don't think it will be wide and most of his FDs will tend to be NFDs so when we do get raised it would be an easy fold since if we do draw to the spade we are not good anyways.

When they flat a 3bet OOP I think they can do this with: { AA, JJ, AQ, AJ, ATs, KQ, TT-77 }
I included AA here because BvB plays tend to be loose and they might not want to scare off a 3bet bluff with aces and would look to get a flop bet from them; When they don't x/r the flop we can discount AA from their range.

Betting the turn will get calls from AQ/KQ with non spades but if we do check back and the river comes a spade then its missed value from their non spade hands and it will kill the action; Also they might still be inclined to call with JJ/TT with one spade. So I think betting the turn is a better line to get value from naked spades and TP and when we do get raised they will have the nut flush due to the combinatorics and the board run out according to the hand range we assumed they will continue to a 3bet with.

Hope this helps!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com