Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Aug 22, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
BronzeStar
Hello guys,

I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
These freerolls and play money tables drive me crazy...
Hope things are a bit different in real money tables.

Thanks in advance.

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat0r_123 View Post
Hello guys,

I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
These freerolls and play money tables drive me crazy...
Hope things are a bit different in real money tables.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 10:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello Creat0r_123,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri Aug 23, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
1), 3) Done

Here is 2):

Non of the limpers folded.
I wonder if i shouldnt go all in the river. But i knew he didnt have a King.

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#5)
Hi Creat0r_123,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 11:12 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Creat0r_123!

With AQ (or any other hand that I'm going to play here), I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limps, I will raise to 250. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

The flop totally misses me and is coordinated. When the three opps check, with multiple opps in the hand, I'm going to check here for pot control. If I thought that the opps would fold, then I could make a standard c-bet, which for this situation with 3 opps is 3/4 pot (1219). I don't want to bet more than this, as I will tend to fold out worse hands and only have hands that have me beat call. Another reason why I don't want to bet here is that two of the opps are pot-committed, so they should not ever fold. If I'm up against an opp that cannot fold, then I need to have a better hand than them to bet.. and here, I only have ace high.

The turn king presents a problem, as there is now an overcard on the board. When the opp checks to me, I'm going to check behind for pot control and because I could easily not have the best hand.

The river pairs my queen and the opp checks again. A standard value bet against one opponent is 1/2 pot, but here, with as large as the pot is, this bet would pot-commit me. Due to this, I have two choices on the river, either to shove or check. With there being 2k in the side pot that I can win from the opp that has chips left, I'm going to shove here since they checked twice. If the opp had a K, they should have bet at least one, if not the last two streets.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hello

So i ve completed all 3 tasks.

I ve passed the Cash Game quiz.

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
  • To gain value from very strong hands
  • To protect against strong draws
  • To bluff people off decent hands

And here is a hand i lost more than half of my stack

I thought he was trying to bluff me. And actually he was...(semi-bluff). No way he had trips.
Was that the right play? I know he should had folded that hand pre flop but he didnt. So I guess i was just unlucky.

Last edited by Creat0r_123; Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 02:41 PM
(#9)
Hi Creat0r_123,

Thank you for posting this hand and letting me know you've done the other tasks too. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at the hand for you.

Once it's been analysed I will award you with your second bonus and we can move on to the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 02:29 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat0r_123 View Post
Hello

So i ve completed all 3 tasks.

I ve passed the Cash Game quiz.

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
  • To gain value from very strong hands
  • To protect against strong draws
  • To bluff people off decent hands

And here is a hand i lost more than half of my stack

I thought he was trying to bluff me. And actually he was...(semi-bluff). No way he had trips.
Was that the right play? I know he should had folded that hand pre flop but he didnt. So I guess i was just unlucky.
Hi Creat0r_123!

Interesting hand! Let me ask, why did you think he was trying to bluff you? Did you have reads/notes on the villain? A flush draw or an overpair seems likely, but with the paired board, A2s and 55 are possibilities. If he had a pair better than yours, I would expect most opponents to have 3-bet preflop with QQ+. Against some villains, I would expect them to aggressively play an overpair or a flush draw in this fashion. In this case, you are ahead of most of their range and can profitably call the ai 3-bet on the flop.

Another possible line would have been to call the flop bet of 12c. Then if no flush card comes on the turn you can raise/bet the villain. Doing this on the turn makes your hand look stronger. It also will usually win you more value from the villain. Finally, raising the turn puts anyone chasing a flush in a tough spot, with only one card left to come.

In general, I try to avoid committing large parts of my stack with just a pair. Here, if you had a read on the villain (more than just gut feeling), then getting all in on the flop is fine.

One final part worth notng. You should only be raising this flop if you want to get all in. Against a villain with such a short stack, raising then folding to his all in 3-bet would be a bad line. If you don't want to play for stacks because you are unsure if you are ahead, then calling the flop would be the better line.

Sorry for not giving you a clearer answer, but knowing the best line here is very read dependant.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
Hi Creat0r_123!

Interesting hand! Let me ask, why did you think he was trying to bluff you? Did you have reads/notes on the villain? A flush draw or an overpair seems likely, but with the paired board, A2s and 55 are possibilities. If he had a pair better than yours, I would expect most opponents to have 3-bet preflop with QQ+. Against some villains, I would expect them to aggressively play an overpair or a flush draw in this fashion. In this case, you are ahead of most of their range and can profitably call the ai 3-bet on the flop.

Villain_6 was some kind of a tight player. He maybe had a small pair(77+) or a mid ace and thought this was a good spot to see the flop. If he had better hands he would 3-bet me as you said. No way he would call my raise with A2s or 55. I knew he missed his hand, and by betting 12c he was trying to make me fold and steal some chips. I cant fold here i think you agree.

Another possible line would have been to call the flop bet of 12c. Then if no flush card comes on the turn you can raise/bet the villain. Doing this on the turn makes your hand look stronger. It also will usually win you more value from the villain. Finally, raising the turn puts anyone chasing a flush in a tough spot, with only one card left to come.

I was afraid of villain_5. He was that kind of guys who call with any facecard and hopes to flop well. So if he wants to see an J/Q/K/A he must pay. Actually by raising i was hopping to make both villains fold. If i just called possibly villain_5 would call that 12c. And by reraising villain_6 's c-bet i wanted to see how serious he is for his hand. They usually fold if anyone else reraise them. But i said to myself "Hey, you got rid of that lucky guy who always called you, no suckout for you now. You probably are way ahead, so go for it.". Do you really think that if i called 12c villain-6 wouldnt go all in in the turn or the river even if he missed his draw? Cause i dont.

In general, I try to avoid committing large parts of my stack with just a pair. Here, if you had a read on the villain (more than just gut feeling), then getting all in on the flop is fine.

One final part worth notng. You should only be raising this flop if you want to get all in. Against a villain with such a short stack, raising then folding to his all in 3-bet would be a bad line. If you don't want to play for stacks because you are unsure if you are ahead, then calling the flop would be the better line.

Sorry for not giving you a clearer answer, but knowing the best line here is very read dependant.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX
Thank you for your time.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#12)
Hello Creat0r_123,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophitter View Post
Hello Creat0r_123,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter
Hello flophitter.

I want to ask you something. Can i use the bonus and play on 1/2 cents tables zoom type? Is that ok?

Thanks

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 11:18 AM
(#14)
Hi Creat0r_123

For this promotion you need to stick to the standard tables, Zoom requires slightly different skills. But once you complete Bankroll Builder and receive your final bonus you are free to play whatever games take your fancy with your bankroll.

flophitter

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Aha, i see. Ok then.

Cya when i get 10 vpps.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
As it seems i wont make that 10 vpps.
Here i lost a big pot and left out with 0.20$. Enjoy!

Cmon who goes all in with KTo? I really play a few hands as described in the chart. And when i play them i get a suckout. I ve realised that when i try to steal the blinds on the button or call with medium cards and flop well, i get more profit. Seems like those freerolls full of maniacs. Maybe i should be more loose?

Whats next now? Or that is over?

EDIT
Ok some interesting hands here:

See what i mean? I always fold this hand. And the more amazing is what my opponents hold.

And after this...

Payback!
I have about 1$ so maybe there is still hope...

Last edited by Creat0r_123; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 08:19 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 12:39 PM
(#17)
Hi Creat0r_123

You've been having a bumpy ride We'll have these hands looked at and so look back here soon.

flophitter

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 12:51 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Creator,

Hand#1: I think you have played QQ very well here. Unfortunately, villain played his hand poorly and sucked out. These things happen.

Hand#2: With 10bb stack I think we need to look at shove or fold spots. Coming in the pot cheap is not a profitable play because we cannot risk not seeing five cards and folding after putting in 10% of our remaining stack.

Hand#3: I would raise to 0.08$ (3bbs + 1bb for every limper into the pot) OTF, I would make a raise too given that villain bets into us and with two hearts on board I would like to build the pot now before a scare card comes.

GL at the tables!

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#19)
Hi Creat0r_123,

Now your third Bankroll Builder bonus has been processed and it will be in your account shortly!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 06:07 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Wow, thanks flophitter.

So after loosing almost my whole bonus, from 0.20$ i went up to 3$ now.
Ok i guess my luck is improving after all...
As i said im playing tight but the problem is that when i decide to play either my opponents dont call my raise (many times a KK is winning just the blinds) or they call with way lower cards and im gettting outdrawn. So i think im loosing value with premium hands rather than boosting my stack.
Maybe by the time i ll get more comfortable at the tables, reading better my opps and start to bluff them more often.

For now lets see another "almost suckout" situation. How i even won this hand? 2vs1? hahaha Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Hi Creator,

Hand#1: I think you have played QQ very well here. Unfortunately, villain played his hand poorly and sucked out. These things happen.

Yeah i agree they happen. The problem is that if they happen way too often they ll kill my bankroll.

Hand#2: With 10bb stack I think we need to look at shove or fold spots. Coming in the pot cheap is not a profitable play because we cannot risk not seeing five cards and folding after putting in 10% of our remaining stack.

I know that but i was really mad about the previous hand and was trying kinda loose my remaining stack. When i flopped that king i went all in. But as i said i always fold that kind of hand, unlike my opponents who call or even raise worse hands... Tried to play like they do. And guess what i won.

Hand#3: I would raise to 0.08$ (3bbs + 1bb for every limper into the pot) OTF, I would make a raise too given that villain bets into us and with two hearts on board I would like to build the pot now before a scare card comes.

Yeah you re right again, i usually do that but was afraid that with 0.08$ he would fold preflop. I thought of reraising him but i decided that flat calling would give me more value. Wasnt that loose player so... I didnt want to lose an opportunity here to double with American Airlines. Which i did after his call to my all in in the river.

GL at the tables!
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Creat0r_123; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 06:11 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com