Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL Zoom 8Js open ended vs 2 villians on the flop

Old
5NL Zoom 8Js open ended vs 2 villians on the flop - Fri Aug 23, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012

Ok so first off I know calling that bet pre was a little lose which I'm trying to stop doing in order to increase my BR playing zoom cash games.

NOw on the flop I'm open ended BUT I see the board is an action flop with that flush draw which takes some of my outs away. Preflop I assumed villian 2 had something like AK or QQ with his bet large bet size of 4x I wasnt too concerned about the the limper until he reraised after the flop that had me thinking he had the flush draw.

Would you in this spot get all the money in after seeing so much aggression post flop? Me personally I'm a loose player so even though I knew I was beat preflop and post flop 100% I felt that I could maybe outdraw them and prayed nobody had a flush draw.

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 04:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I don't like playing draws without fold equity it's -EV, in a multy-way pots passive line is better ,but after such action it's clear fold for me , you are missing equity to put all in.

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 04:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Calling isn't horrible if we know the the utg limper will overcall.

When the SB 3bets the flop we have an easy fold. Our outs are tainted due to the flush draw and so we only have 6 outs (at best) to our straight. Our pair outs are also never good given the action.

If we had Jc8c we'd have a clear value jam, but we don't so we should fold

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 07:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
An easy fold i think. Cause SB has most likely beaten us at the preflop. Besides the board is hitting the UTG limpers range very well.

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 07:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
+1 to what the guys have already said.
We are basically drawing to 6 outs and not 8 and getting it in with 24% equity is -EV

"Ok so first off I know calling that bet pre was a little lose which I'm trying to stop doing in order to increase my BR playing zoom cash games." I agree

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 02:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2012
Everyone was spot on as I thought thanks alot! When I saw the board my biggest fear was a flush draw especially a hand like JQ suited or even my J8 but of clubs I would throw up and quit for a few days if the limper showed that haha. Like I said before though I knew I was beat preflop and definitely crushed post flop to either a big pair, flush draw or trips, I was praying they just had big pairs.

.....I got super lucky vs these monster hands the fish survives for another day. I need to play tighter in the future so sick lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com