Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Aug 24, 2013, 11:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
i will 8$ free

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 24, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#3)
Hi senjin_1992,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#4)

I HAVE FINISHED ALL STEPS

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 06:44 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi senjin_1992!

The first tip that I have for you is that whenever I sit at a ring table, I always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a huge drain to a player's bankroll.

When it gets to me, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 4 limpers, I will raise to 7BB or 14. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard in order to help conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

I see a 5-way flop that has one overcard. When it checks to me, I'm going to take one shot to try and win the pot here with a c-bet. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet of 233.. but I don't have that many chips, so I need to shove. It really doesn't make me happy doing this, as any of the opps could have a Q and have me crushed, but due to the low number of chips in front of me, I don't have a choice.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 12:25 AM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#8)

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi senjin_1992! I'll take a look at the hand in post #8.

With 99 in the small blind, it's fine to just call the minraise, as you have a great price to go set-mining multiway, so you could win a big pot. The flop comes a two tone K95. While in most situations, the default play is to check to the pre-flop raiser so that he will make a continuation bet, I would actually lead out with a "donkbet" here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's a multiway pot, so the pre-flop raiser is less likely to c-bet if he missed, because his bluff will have to get through 2 players. Secondly, this is a wet flop that connects with many draws. It would be a disaster if the flop gets checked through and a villain can hit his draw free of charge.
Checking is OK, and the plan should be to check-raise for value, hoping to get paid by AK or KQ. As played, the flop is checked through, but you get a safe turn card. Since you nearly always have the best hand (you're only losing to KK), I think you should bet here. You have a set, so should try and build a pot. Instead, you slowplayed and checked again. Villain minbets 2c into 15c and I definitely like check-raising, but I would go bigger and bet close to the size of the pot. I don't want villain having a cheap price if he has a flush or straight draw. Make him pay to draw! You made it 6c and villain calls.
The river comes a J, which might be a bad card. If villain had JJ then he just made a better set and QT made a straight. Villain could also have made two pairs, which you beat. Leading out for value is fine, and 20c into 26c is good. Villain's big raise is gut-wrenching. He's definitely not bluffing, but he could be overvaluing two pairs (because he has no idea how strong you are). I think your only good option is to call the raise and see if you are good. The replayer isn't showing the results, so I don't know if villain showed up with a better hand or not. It's pretty brutal if he got there with JJ or QT, but it's hard to know if he would have gone all the way with those hands if you'd taken a different line. Slowplaying your hand certainly doesn't help matters though. With flopped sets, look for ways to quickly build a big pot that makes it too costly for drawing hands to call.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 07:55 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 01:36 AM
(#11)
Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 02, 2014, 09:54 PM
(#12)
i have finished !

Old
Fri Jul 04, 2014, 12:00 AM
(#13)
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

Now take some time and using the information you've learned so far evaluate this hand and ask yourself the following questions:

1. Was my starting hand good enough to play from this position?

2. Did I evaluate the strength of my hand postflop?

3. Was my bet-sizing correct?

When at PokerSchoolOnline you are welcome post many hands for discussion in our Hand Review Forum and we encourage you to do so. Here's a video to help you understand Cash Game poker better.

You've still got one bonus to receive.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

Joss
Team PokerSchoolOnline

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com