Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

150 games of $1.50 6 Max Turbo's in a week

Old
150 games of $1.50 6 Max Turbo's in a week - Sun Aug 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I have completed no volume whatsoever this month with 6VPPs to my name.

I've also 5 Premier League games to complete which is a chore I don't like playing in the Premier League but I do understand it's value.

I've $65 in my account and to get a high prize I need 150VPPs. There's 0.99VPPs per 6 max $1.50 game so if I play 150 then I'll achieve my target. That's 22 games a day.

I'll also properly bankroll. If my balance falls below $30 then I will end this challenge and move back down to 50c 45 man and bankroll build again.

I expect these to be reg infested, I'll have to exploit the bad regs and only go up against the good ones when I'm strong.

I've just watched Spacegravy's video and I'm playing a similar game.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#2)
Just played a batch of 9 and then a batch of 13 so my 22 for today is complete.

Direct link to that picture

Profitable start, I didn't find any players to scare me although I was right, it was reg infested.

I try not to play too many games against the same regs because if you do happen to run into a decent one he will make your life so much harder. Eventually when I build a database in these I can work out who is good and bad. ATM I haven't seen anyone, most have made mistakes at one point or another.

I too have made a few mistakes but also had a few good and bad beats. I've made one bad push out of position to a min raise but I read his position wrong - he min raised in SB which is a massive sign of strength. I read it as a button min raise which is usually a weak steal and kicked myself straight away when I realised what I done. It cost me my tournament

My game is pretty similar to Spacegravy but I did take on board what he said in the video. I've tweaked my own game a little but I'm playing a basic TAG STT strategy and adopting it to each player according to his stats. For instance I'll 4x or 5x raise in position against a whale because he's calling far wider.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Aug 25, 2013 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: added direct link

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#3)
I butchered this hand and a note to others: DON'T GO BROKE EARLY IN A STT WITH AK.

Pretty good board for AK but villain raised 66 which threw me. I put him on AK or a weaker A and thought my hand was good. I played it really badly though and this was the first hand of a tourney.

I'm already showing a profit but it's hands like this that really eat into your ROI.

I'd a few other hands were I made mistakes but this was the worst in all 22 games.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 01:42 PM
(#4)
Playing the storm with profits so far.

Not great bankroll management but I'm bankroll aware and won't go broke.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 02:23 PM
(#5)
44 chased without odds on the flop to hit the turn in the Storm.

I played the hand badly but ffs a 2 outer?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#6)
I just played another 28 of these with $8 profit and a 20% ROI. I struggled with 10 but I can easily handle 8 so I guess it's just practice, practice, practice. My overall ROI is 23% which I'm really pleased with. I still realise I'm making a few mistakes heads up for instance I reshoved a 3 bet with A9o. Against any maniac or whale this is fine but it was villains first 3 bet all game. I kicked myself when he threw over JJ. It's all the difference between $2.77 and $5.15.

I am playing well overall, just silly things cost me chips. Of course there's hand like this:

I maybe should have folded pre because it's very rare to have someone 4 bet you in these. Maniacs usually just shove and I'm fine with a call but when your 4 bet then it signifies a monster so a mistake pre flop. But when I flop my set I have him crushed and want my chips in. What can you do

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
nice start gl gl

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 02:43 PM
(#8)
Thanks Adohole

I'm playing my first Premier League game but things aren't going to plan.

I think I'd have went broke in this hand in a normal STT but Villain 2 was a calling station while Villain 6 was a trappy maniac. I smelt a straight, TTT was never on my radar.

I also played the $60k GTD rebuy and lasted 2 hands:

I thought to myself it wouldn't be worth playing with maniacs with my bankroll so after this bad beat I gave up.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2010
Good luck with this Ovalman.

I have to say I still really like the Premier League - but it has slipped down my priority games to play. I should probably pay more attention to it and just really go for the top prizes one month, as they are fantastic - but I tend to just play a minimum and try to requalify and pick up the low end prize - which is still a nice wee boost. It's a great place to build a bankroll for zero investment if you can put the time in.

I find it much easier to make the VPPs from a few cash sessions at 10NL/25NL - depending on what I am rolled for each month - but the 100 for Chromestar and 150VPPs for Premier top level prizes I can usually make even playing cash at 2NL - it's 5 a day - just need to play consistently.

Mainly playing MTTs and it is hard to collect points playing micro-level MTTs

I made silverstar last month - but my volume varies greatly month to month - could be 20VPPs or 400VPPs

Just keep winning and the VIP points will come.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#10)
Many thanks Ed but I don't like the high variance of NL cash and I can't multi table as well.

I'll play the $1.50's until I've $100 in my account and then take a stab at $3.50. I think I have the STTs down to a tee, I can play 8 at a time with a profit and can change gears when needed. I'll also play MTTs because quite frankly you won't become rich playing STTs.

I'm also playing 2 other site's lol, 1 for it's promotions + rakeback and the other to clear a first deposit bonus but also earn a free copy of Notecaddy Edge.

I've played 62 games all day, a mixture of STT and MTTs and am 16% up overall. I'd settle for that every day and maybe bink a big MTT at some stage.

I don't like the structure of the Premier League although there's a decent mixture of whales and sharks in the game. I feel it's important that I make the effort to stay in it.It's a lot easier staying in it than getting to it in the first place.

My volume has been terrible this year.

Last game of the night is the Hot 55c, I should make the cash in this but will update tomorrow.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 12:59 PM
(#11)
I min cashed for a few cents profit in the Hot 55c, disappointed really because I was comfortable in chips and one mistake cost me my tournament. I felt my game go down hill after playing for so long. I need shorter spells and more breaks to keep my game on top.

About to start another batch now.

Even though I was KO'd very early in the $60k rebuy, I think I could have a deep run if I keep playing. So long as I'm making a profit in STTs and my bankroll grows then I'll keep playing this. I'll double rebuy and add on each night. The game reminds me of my local pub game - the standard is terrible and bad beats galore but unlike my pub game, I can start another table when I'm KO'd from this

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#12)
Not such a great session, played 22 and lost $4.09, a lot of the damage in my last 3 games. I haven't won anything in a MTT today but have just scraped it into the cash in the 55c and still playing.

Standard shove here?

Close to the bubble and villain was 19% VPiP, 1% PFR in 27 hands but I hadn't tested his fold to steal stats (it's now 0% if you're wondering )

I think I'll just play the STTs tomorrow and not mix in any MTTs, I'm also playing other sites so it could be I'm not giving the STTs my full concentration.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd prefer to be shoving into a nittier player, but for 8bb effective, that's a standard shove. I'm shoving about 60% of hands in that spot, which includes hands like Q5 offsuit, J2s, 54s, T8o etc.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#14)
It was 50 or so off the bubble but the bubble was hitting in the next hand or 2. I think it's a good spot to steal with almost any 2, as you say a 60% hand.

I played my league match tonight and another disappointing finish, around middle of the field again. I'm hopeful I can stay in the league with these placings but I need one or 2 good results before the end of the month.

I played my 22 games tonight with some great results.

Here's my graph for this week, filtered for 6 max. If I include MTTs then I can't say it will look so good.

Here's a hand from a 6 max STT:

About 30 hands later I won the tourney

If you're wondering why I flat called in SB there is a reason and maybe some food for thought.

My stack is so low, if I shove all in the the 2 villains are never folding. I'm never folding either but if I see a raggy flop, there is a chance albeit a small one I can get one or both villains to fold. Limping looks so weak and a shove on the flop strong, especially if it's a dry board. As it happened I had 8 outs and hit my 2/1 shot.

Edit, I just watched the hand again and I limped the flop but my thinking was keeping both in the hand and max out the chips. On a dry board I can shove here.

I squeezed the hand before with A8o v KJo and lost but I think it was the right play as I had villain covered.

That's the first I've used that move in a while, I usually never get so short to be in this position but if opponents can't fold to your shove pre flop then try it and it just might work.

Hope you get some understanding into my thinking.

Overall I'm happy with my play.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Ovalman; Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: added edit.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#15)
Played 6 more to complete 100 games but the last 6 didn't go well with just one 2nd place to my name. I'm on the BOTP Leaderboard in 82nd but it's not enough to stay there.

That's me finished for poker tonight.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#16)
I gave the league a miss tonight, I'll play tomorrow and 2 on Saturday.

I just finished 26 STTs with a 15% ROI. My overall ROI is 15%.

24 games to finish my target

When I finish my target I'll analyse my stats and see if there are any holes I can plug.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#17)
I didn't play any STTs tonight but played my 4th league game, finishing in the cash in 47th.

Hope I can have 2 strong games tomorrow along with my 24 STTs.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#18)
Finished my challenge but it all went so wrong today. Just looking at my graph and you'll see why:

I made some mistakes as usual but I honestly think my game was good today, just that thing called variance kicked me at the worst times. I didn't play any extra tables or change my game but I lost 10 straight in a row by that graph. Not that it means anything but my luck adjusted winnings for the day say I should be in profit, not losing $16.

Next hand of course he has KK when I have 55 and it's game over.

I'm not disappointed but I am disappointed in my Premier League results. I registered today and then Virgin Media came out and spent 3 hours "fixing" our TV and broadband. Finished middle position without playing a hand.

I've one more attempt but it's looking like relegation unless I can pull something out of the bag.

I'm found the challenge far easier than I thought. I'd have been happy with any profit but at times I crushed the tables. I'm now stuck with a dilemma. I've also been playing 6 Max STTs on 2 other sites. Both have slightly different structure but on one site I get rakeback but the other (which I'm clearing a first deposit bonus) I'm finding far easier and at higher stakes.

If I manage to stay in the league I'll maybe do the same next month only play everything at the start of the week. I think I'll play on the softer site until I clear my bonuses and then move to my rakeback site. Stars is far slicker than those other 2 but I can 8 table on them also.

I'll give one last update on this thread tomorrow.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#19)
I don't think I've done enough to stay in the Premier League. I left it too late, didn't get the cards when needed nor the luck. If I had more time I think I could have done far better. My own fault.

The 6 max was a resounding success. Even though I had the spell of 10 losing games I know I played well and I ended with a 5% ROI and ITM 38%. I finished in the top 3 far more than the other 3 positions. I think my shoving and calling ranges were about right and I'm going to stick with 6 max for the foreseeable future. I missed out in a BOTP Leaderboard place but that was secondary and something I only realised about when I was a good part of the way through my challenge.

Job done

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2013
Keep it up ovalman, don't let variance affect you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com