Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Run It twice

Old
Run It twice - Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi,

Does anybody know at what stakes run it twice is available and when it's best to use that function? Is it even better to not use it? Any opinions?

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdyr77 View Post
Hi,

Does anybody know at what stakes run it twice is available and when it's best to use that function? Is it even better to not use it? Any opinions?
I've only began using it playing on the 10NL - 25NL tables. Lately I've being getting it in when I think I'm ahead (but usually not ).

So far I think it's a good thing to reduce variance a bit. I heard xflixx talking in one of the live training sessions that he also uses it for the same purpose

Just for the laugh, the first time I used 'RIT' I shoved my pocket kings into villians pockets aces, and I won both times luckbox or what!

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...663_C50BD361C7

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:04 AM
(#3)
nice "lucky" hand
yes think it can help my variance too, but it's not available on all ZOOM tables I think, is it?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:08 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
nice "lucky" hand
yes think it can help my variance too, but it's not available on all ZOOM tables I think, is it?
I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
but it's not available on all ZOOM tables I think, is it?
Here's what PokerStars Support have to say

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email.

I would like to confirm that the feature 'Run It Twice' is available for all cash games including Zoom tables.

"Run It Twice" allows players to have the remaining board cards dealt twice once everyone is all in. The pot is split in two and awarded for each “board” separately.

You can configure your Run It Twice settings from “Options” > “Run It Twice (Ring Games)” and select from the following states:

* Never (default) - You will never Run It Twice
* Always - You will always want to Run It Twice when possible
* By Table (default On) - Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched ON
* By Table (default Off) - Using a checkbox, you decide on each table whether to Run It Twice or not. The checkbox will start switched OFF

If any of the active players in the hand do not have "Run it Twice" activated, the board will run out normally (once only).

For your information, we do not charge extra rake for Run It Twice hands.

For more information about this feature, please visit:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/products/run-it-twice/

Should you require further assistance in regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#6)
wow thanks! u send mail for me
so it should be on 5NL and 10NL also, never seen it btw but I had the setting by "table (default Off)"
not have seen a checkbox btw on the table.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 04:18 AM
(#7)
Run It Twice on Zoom starts from 25NL. The stakes 10NL and 5NL for sure has not able to do RIT.
When I open 25NL table i see the checkbox for RIT. At same time I open 10NL and 5NL and no checkbox

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Interesting, let me see if I can find out more

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 05:28 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Run It Twice on Zoom starts from 25NL. The stakes 10NL and 5NL for sure has not able to do RIT.
When I open 25NL table i see the checkbox for RIT. At same time I open 10NL and 5NL and no checkbox
I've RIT twice on numerous 10nl regular tables so it is definitely available on those.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Run It Twice on Zoom starts from 25NL.
Mmm, PokerStars Support are saying different

Hello Paul:

Thank you for writing again.

You will only be able to Run It Twice when specific criteria are met:

1.The game is either No Limit or Pot Limit.
2.The game is a ring game, or Zoom Poker, with a communal board (Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo).
3. The river card has not yet been dealt.
4.No further betting is possible by any player.
5.All players still involved in the hand have Run It Twice enabled.

The RIT feature is available for all stakes at the ZOOM tables.

If you have further questions, please contact us again and thank you for playing at PokerStars.

Regards,

PokerStars Support Team

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I've RIT twice on numerous 10nl regular tables so it is definitely available on those.
True, I see that also. On regular tables RIT is working and on Zoom as from 25NL and higher
But 2NL, 5NL and 10NL Zoom I'm convinced there is NO RIT.

See below:
Top Left is regular 5NL table, top right 10NL Zoom, below left 25NL Zoom and right 5NL Zoom.
Only the 5NL regular and 25NL Zoom have a RIT checkbox.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hey ferdyr77,

I'll contact one of the table room managers to see if I can get any more info, I know this question was asked by TrustySam before in the forum and I thought it was resolved.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
I've RIT at 2-5C. But (And I could be wrong here) I think you end up paying more rake. Normally there is a limit on how much rake they charge. when the pot gets bigger then that limit no extra is taken. But if you are playing say a 250 BB pot and RIT then I think it gets treated as two 125BB pots and raked accordingly. I no longer RIT.
Rob.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
According to support no extra rake is charged, see post #5 above

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:47 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey ferdyr77,

I'll contact one of the table room managers to see if I can get any more info, I know this question was asked by TrustySam before in the forum and I thought it was resolved.

Raiser
Thanks Paul! Seen the remark from TrustSam and indeed same conclusion. No RIT on 2NL-10NL Zoom

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 07:47 PM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
I use RIT at 2nl and 5nl normal speed with no problems.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
I use RIT at 2nl and 5nl normal speed with no problems.

Grade b
They're talking about Zoom, there's none up to 10NL

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Thanks Paul! Seen the remark from TrustSam and indeed same conclusion. No RIT on 2NL-10NL Zoom
Yes, it sounds like maybe they put it in place, but something might have gone awry with the implementation, so it's there, but maybe not quite working, or something like that?

Maybe a couple of us who for sure have the RIT option checked off could join the 2nl with like 50c (lol) and try to do a cheap all-in to test things out and see for sure? I don't know?

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
According to support no extra rake is charged, see post #5 above

Raiser
OK. Like I say I could be wrong. Its happened before.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Maybe a couple of us who for sure have the RIT option checked off could join the 2nl with like 50c (lol) and try to do a cheap all-in to test things out and see for sure? I don't know?
Hi Sam,

I got an email back just now that PokerStars are going to review this and if it needs to be activated for the lower limits it will happen sometime tomorrow (Wednesday)

So let's hold off on the testing until Thursday maybe and we'll take it from there

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com