Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

FR 2nl Zoom, QQ on Axx flop-3bet pot

Old
FR 2nl Zoom, QQ on Axx flop-3bet pot - Mon Aug 26, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012

what is the line here? check or bet?
if i bet and he calls, do i check back the turn? (non Q turn)
what is the line with KK and JJ?

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
Its hard to say without any reads/stats.

In general, its a wet A-high board, a very bad one for pocket queens. I'll chose bet-fold strategy, definitely not checking I don't want to give any freecards to the villian.
The question is how much should we bet. I don't like betting small here, no need to expose our weakness plus he give A-rag hands a big chance to live. I would bet there ~2/3 of the pot and will fold to a raise.

I think both bet and check back could be good decisions but everything depends on the came card. If it's any diamond or K/A- I'm checking back. If it's a blank-I'm betting, folding to the raise.

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Espada,

As Kemmio said, with more reads or stats we can make a better decision on which line to take.
It's also good if you can give us your range assumptions and thought process when you post hands to engage better discussion

I would think an average/weak player would 4bet by AA/KK/AK and call with JJ-99, AQ, AJs/ATs, KQs-T9s
The flop will give our opponent 32% TP hands and 32% PP below TP (JJ/TT) ; 8% sets, 8% MP (T9), and 20% no made hand) When we bet we are going to get called by his TP+ and sometimes by JJ. If we check back we keep in his entire range in which case we could probably call a turn bet and fold to a river bet. If we know that our opponent is likely to call with JJ/TT OTF then we can bet the flop for value and check back turn unimproved.
With KK the situation looks similar but with JJ I'm more inclined to bet because their would be more chance for them to have QQ and checking back flop and calling a turn bet might not be very favorable.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com