Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

TT in a multy way pot

Old
TT in a multy way pot - Mon Aug 26, 2013, 04:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
V7 stats 51/32/0 call cbet flop 71, float turn 100 1/1 (70), won when saw flop 46(13/28), went to show down 43(12/28), won at show down 50(6/12).it's not enough but it shows his tendency. I didn't want to play it multy way pot so I cbet ,but made smaller bet, because it would look scary check raising in multy way pot.
checked OTT because I thought he would float, but he bet so small and as I see at this limit if player with vp 50 bluffs he makes huge bets and it confused me. OTR closed gutshot straight draw,but I played it so passive that there might be AQ also, it's because of his small bet OTT. so whats the best option there call or raise? I really can't define his hand range because it's too wide. I've got blocker to KT, there are KJ,KQ , I think he would 3bet PF AK,KK,QQ. If you will need another stats please write.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Shichi

Thought it'd be fun to come check out a hand from a different player pool

Gosh, these spots where we're holding like the 3rd or 4th nuts (if we eliminate KK) can be so tough, when there's so few hands that are beating us, but it's possible the villain actually has one of them.

With the villain's AF of 0, I guess maybe it's not as likely he'd be bluffing the river, especially when he had the chance on the turn? But then maybe it's still possible he thinks he's got a strong hand that's actually behind since you checked the turn, with a hand like those KT, KJ you mention, as well as 66,55?

Such a tricky spot - will be interesting to hear from other people. Hope the hand went your way

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I would bet turn for value vs sets, 2 pairs, top pair and QJ.
If you don't bet you should at least check-raise turn, check-calling might induce some bluffs but it will be hard for him to call a shove on a brick river.
As played I am happily shoving river.
Btw I can't imagine he called a 60% pot bet on the flop with AQ and even if he did he would probably check back turn.
KJ makes a lot more sense, and probably JJ is the only logical hand that beat us.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 02:10 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 02:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
Given the stats his BTN float calling range is pretty wide. I assume KJ/KQ are in that range.

He calls OTF. His stats on calling c-bet are 71% which means his calling range is wide: TP, MP, draws.

You check OTT. He makes a tiny bet. This exposes his weakness we adjust his range to: TP, MP. According to his stats his turn bet doesn't mean a strong hand and having his AF we can say that he checks back his draws.

You check OTR. He bets a bit bigger then half of the pot. You checked to him twice OTT and OTR he thinks you are weak handed that makes him easier to value bet the river. Besides it seams he liked that river J. Now we adjust our range to : QJ/KJ/KQ/JT

I prefer calling here instead of raising. Our raising reason is obviously the value and not the bluff, but I don't think we are getting called by worse hands in this spot.

Last edited by Kemmio; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 02:37 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 02:34 AM
(#5)
Yeah, btw, you have very good equity against his range.

equity win
Hand 0: 21.111% 21.11% { QQ-JJ, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AJo+, KJo+, QTo+, JTo }
Hand 1: 78.889% 78.89% { TdTs }

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Shichi,

"checked OTT because I thought he would float"; I'm not sure I understand your reasoning for checking the turn.

We flopped big MW on K high board with straight draw, backdoor straight/flush draw. I want to bet this flop big because our hand is strong and the board is somewhat connected and we can get called by a lot worse made hands and draws. OTT, I see no reason to stop betting; there is now a diamond draw so if they called with KdJd / QdJd they are never going anywhere. Bet for value and make it well sizable to get stacks in OTR. If we are checking the turn we should be check raising. I want to get my money in in this hand before a scare card comes and kills the action.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
I think you lose a lot of value on the turn and you should prepare the pot on the turn for shoving the river.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2012
I think a check on the turn is fine. It's unlikely we'd fire a 5 without a big hand, so when we check we could induce bets from Kx etc.

However, checking the turn only works if you plan to c/r. I think a c/r on the turn and shoving the river would be a cool line to take if you decide not to b/b/b.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#9)
What about his hand range? What do you think he played that way? What does mean such a small bet OTT, and relative big bet OTR? I made my decision according to bet sizes. I already wrote that I was confused by his small bet OTT, I would raise if it was at least half pot bet, but it was so small he asked me to raise or to call with an A high and bet size OTR, don't you think he has something very strong?
won when saw flop 46(13/28), went to show down 43(12/28), won at show down 50(6/12) doesn't it look that he's something like call station?
or it doesn't meter at all?

Last edited by Shichi-77; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 07:51 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:21 AM
(#10)
He does look like a calling station.
His stats are fishy overall that's why I think his bet OTT could be just a donk-bet.
His flop calling range is wide and donk-bet doesn't really changes much.
While his bet OTR mostly means he hitted the J or he's value betting his MP/TP.

That's why I mainly put him on hands like QJ/JT/Kx.

Can't wait to know what he had.

Last edited by Kemmio; Tue Aug 27, 2013 at 08:24 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemmio View Post
He does look like a calling station.
His stats are fishy overall that's why I think his bet OTT could be just a donk-bet.
His flop calling range is wide and donk-bet doesn't really changes much.
While his bet OTR mostly means he hitted the J or he's value betting his MP/TP.

That's why I mainly put him on hands like QJ/JT/Kx.

Can't wait to know what he had.
just wanted to know how to read such opponent , his bet OTT and jack (JJ and AQ were in his hand range and I thought that I'll get call from better hand) saved my chips He slow played KK. I just called OTR.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 08:03 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
He slow played KK. I just called OTR.
Guess we shouldn't have ruled out KK, huh?

Thanks for the interesting hand Shichi ... have been meaning to do a study of betting/calling patterns of loose passives for ranging purposes, and your hand's sort of inspired me to do that sooner rather than later

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com