Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Aug 27, 2013, 03:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake333who View Post
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 04:54 AM
(#4)
Hey raiser!

I've watched the video and passed the basic course. Here's a hand that I played at the play money tables. In this hand, the opps were all playing very wildly and I wanted to play my hand against them.

Read more: Example of a Bankroll Builder Thread - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...d=1#post443466

Last edited by jake333who; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 05:11 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:47 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Please post the hand in this thread only

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#6)

Hey raiser!

Here's a hand that I played at the play money tables. In this hand, the opps were all playing very wildly and I wanted to play my hand against them.

Read more: Example of a Bankroll Builder Thread - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...54206-Top-pair

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Don't link to another thread,

Post your hand using the HAND REPLAYER ONLY (we must see the hand here in this thread)

Here's the video again of how to use the hand replayer:

Your hand should look like this example here:

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand for Bankroll builder - Sun Sep 01, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#8)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...799#post443799

Last edited by jake333who; Sun Sep 01, 2013 at 08:16 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 01:09 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi jake333who!

With QT from the SB, I get 4 limps in front of me. I have two options here. I can make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (if I think some would fold) or I can call and see the flop. I do not want to raise to less than a standard raise, as the opps will be priced in to draw and I would want the raise to get some of the opps to fold.

I flop the nut straight, but there is a flush draw out there. Due to this, I want to make a standard value bet both to get value from my hand and also to price out the opp's draw. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture and with 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 110. I don't want to bet less than this or the opps could be getting the correct odds to draw to the flush and if I do so and they hit and win, it would be my own fault that I lose the hand.

The turn puts a second flush draw out there and with 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 273. I do not want to overbet here, as that is a tell to the opps that a player either has the nuts or is bluffing and I do not want to polarize my hand. I want to keep worse hands in so that I can get value from them.

The river makes KQ the nuts and with a small amount of chips left, I'll shove the river. I could also have shoved the turn, but would rather keep the opps in the pot to get value from them.

The key here is to make standard bets to conceal the strength of my hand and to get value from lesser hands.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey raiser!

I've watched the video and passed the basic course.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 12:57 AM
(#12)
I have watched the video and passed the course. Here are the three reasons:
I'd want to make a big bet.
1. To get value from my made hands.
2. To put pressure on an opponent.
3. To bluff.

Here is a hand from the 2NL tables where I'm not sure about my bet sizes. I won the hand, but did I lose value?

Last edited by jake333who; Tue Sep 03, 2013 at 01:08 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi jake,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

We have a very strong hand, the best preflop hand in Holdem, I want to build the pot.
Checking and calling are passive lines and do not build pots. Betting and raising however do.
I would raise preflop to get more value. As played, betting will fold out worse hands. I would take a check raise line to give my opponent a chance to bluff at the pot and we can also get called by FDs. When we bet we force our opponent to have a hand to continue with us. Hands like KsJc are always folding to a bet on this flop, but they might try to bluff at the pot when we check to them that way we would have picked up an extra bet from them

GL at the tables!

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have watched the video and passed the course.
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 10:05 PM
(#16)
3. To bluff.

Here is a hand from the 2NL tables where I'm not sure about my bet sizes. I won the hand, but did I lose value?

But I can't get the bonus.why?

Last edited by jake333who; Sat Sep 07, 2013 at 10:07 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 08, 2013, 01:25 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
3. To bluff.

But I can't get the bonus.why?
Hi jake333who!

AA is the best starting hand, but remember; it is just a pair! Preflop, I strongly suggest raising. Make a standard 3x the original raise 3bet, so 18c. This protects your hand. Big pairs play best against a single opponent. We don't want to let someone outdraw us cheaply. Secondly, the raise is for value. Let's build the pot now while we are ahead. At 2NL most opponents have a hard time folding, especially preflop. We can get called or even reraised by a wide range of hands (all of which we are beating). In particular, many medium pairs such as 1010 have a hard time folding to the 3-bet preflop, but will always fold to any overcards on a missed flop.

As played, I would make a larger bet on the flop. There is a flush draw. Make sure you give them poor odds to continue. You have a set, but we want to bet for value. If the villain is scared by the A, they will fold no mater how little you bet. And the opposite is fairly true. If they are willing to continue, they will as easily call a 70% pot bet as they will a 30% bet. Good job not slowplaying. Value betting is the best approach! Nice hand!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 09:13 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#20)
I lost all my money.

Last edited by jake333who; Mon Sep 16, 2013 at 05:44 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com