Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

1M VIP Giveaway

View Poll Results: Which 2 flipaments would you choose?
$1M Giveaway Tournament 1 11 44.00%
$1M Giveaway Tournament 2 16 64.00%
$1M Giveaway Tournament 3 10 40.00%
$1M Giveaway Tournament 4 4 16.00%
$1M Giveaway Tournament 5 1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old
1M VIP Giveaway - Tue Aug 27, 2013, 07:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

Will have two chances at these flipaments, but am trying to decide
which ones to enter

Help me out..Should I go for the cash or the tickets?

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Ron

Does this poll already show you who voted for what? If not, I voted for #2 and #3

I had 3 tickets myself, and chose the cash draws since the WBCOOP tickets are a higher stake than I play. And the first 2 draws I chose were #2 and #3 because they had a flatter pay structure.

But I guess if you're comfortable playing higher buy-in tourneys, then maybe the WBCOOP tickets might be a nice draw to take a chance on? And draw #1 has that huge first prize, so if you're feeling lucky

GL to everybody who's entered in any of these - lets hope we all manage to win a prize!!

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Hi Ron

Does this poll already show you who voted for what? If not, I voted for #2 and #3

I had 3 tickets myself, and chose the cash draws since the WBCOOP tickets are a higher stake than I play. And the first 2 draws I chose were #2 and #3 because they had a flatter pay structure.

But I guess if you're comfortable playing higher buy-in tourneys, then maybe the WBCOOP tickets might be a nice draw to take a chance on? And draw #1 has that huge first prize, so if you're feeling lucky

GL to everybody who's entered in any of these - lets hope we all manage to win a prize!!
I am the same, was thinking that would maybe have better odds to win a ticket but would probably cash it in instead of playing.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:15 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Oh! That's a great idea! Wasn't sure we could do that. I wish we could transfer them to other people as well - it'd be nice to be able to share it with somebody who plays better than me lol

Hmmm ... now I'm not sure any more - guess there's still a couple of days to decide to, so that's nice you started this poll

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 08:25 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Oh! That's a great idea! Wasn't sure we could do that. I wish we could transfer them to other people as well - it'd be nice to be able to share it with somebody who plays better than me lol

Hmmm ... now I'm not sure any more - guess there's still a couple of days to decide to, so that's nice you started this poll
Pretty sure you can unregister and will receive tourney dollars.

But may be wrong....

Unregistration: Most tournaments allow unregistration until a few minutes before the event begins. The exact time at which unregistration closes is specified in the ‘Tournament Info’ dialog for each tournament, and may vary from event to event. Players who have won their seats through a satellite may unregister if the event allows it; however, they will receive tournament money (T-Money) or an entry ticket in exchange for their seat. T-Money can be used to buy in to other PokerStars tournaments. See the T-Money page for more information.

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:29 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron112355 View Post
I am the same, was thinking that would maybe have better odds to win a ticket but would probably cash it in instead of playing.

Now I'm totally rethinking the WBCOOP tickets as an option - it'd be nice to *not* cash in tourneys like I usually do, and have that not mean I lost a bunch of buy-ins in the process lol

It's interesting how the number of entries keeps getting smaller with each subsequent draw that's listed - if it stays the same way after everybody's been awarded their tickets, then the better odds could be an interesting wrinkle to tourney selection. What day's the first draw ... September 2? Guess maybe I'll start watching the numbers more closely on the 1st, although there's also that chance that others might be waiting to do the same? And then maybe the numbers'll totally change the day off and then it'll be too late to enter the 1st draw, so ... ahhh, not sure

Guess there's still a couple of days to decide lol ...

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to better fitting forum* Fadyen

From what I understand, I may be wrong however, but if you win a ticket from either tourney #4 or #5 then you have a ticket, not automatic entry into a WCOOP event. Therefor if you use the ticket then unreg the WCOOP event you will just get the ticket back, not T$.

Anyway in my opinion the cash prize events are better value anyway purely because of the number of placed paid. The ticket prize tourneys pay so few.

I only managed to score 3 entries and I'll be "playing" the first 3 cash prize tourneys. Although I really wish I had another tickets as I'd love to play a WCOOP some day.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 11:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadyen View Post
From what I understand, I may be wrong however, but if you win a ticket from either tourney #4 or #5 then you have a ticket, not automatic entry into a WCOOP event. Therefor if you use the ticket then unreg the WCOOP event you will just get the ticket back, not T$.
It's been a while since I tried, but if I remember correctly the ticket is not refunded if you unregister and you will not get tournament dollars either. You simply forfeit your place when you unregister. That's the way it has worked with other tickets in the past if I remember correctly.

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadyen View Post
*Moved to better fitting forum* Fadyen

Anyway in my opinion the cash prize events are better value anyway purely because of the number of placed paid. The ticket prize tourneys pay so few.

I only managed to score 3 entries and I'll be "playing" the first 3 cash prize tourneys. Although I really wish I had another tickets as I'd love to play a WCOOP some day.
Thanks for the info m8

So far it is looking like for sure use one of my entries for Tourney 1 then it's a coin flip for 2 & 3

Would it be against the rules to discuss pooling tickets..
Say we both entered 1 and 2 to double the chances at a payday???

Last edited by Ron112355; Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: grammar correction

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd reg for the cash flippaments that have the smallest fields. The first one (Setp 2nd) currently has more than double the number of registrations than the third (Sept 4th).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 10:21 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2012
If I had 2 tickets I'd for 2 and 3 your chances of making the money are very likely compared to 1. As for the WCOOP tickets its up to you anything is possible if you manage to win something there especially the main event entry. Last years winner won a million dollars starting from a 40fpp satellite

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#12)
So far is looking like 1 & 3 for me are the choices. Yes it's better win odds to go 2 & 3 but the chance to win 100K for free would be silly to pass up imho.

Would still like to know, that is if there is any interest, to pool with other Ticket Holders to increase our chances or would it be against the rules????

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 12:04 AM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2012
I got my 1 ticket so will go for it all in #1

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:38 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
I'm going for cash in 1 and 3 like Ron. Nr3 has the least number of entries and the best chances of winning at least some money. Nr1 has the most entries, but the huge first prize is alluring. If I could only play one, I would choose Nr3.

glgl to all PSOers!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 03:31 AM
(#15)
Only had one ticket.
Tourny 3 was the obvious one for me.

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Personally event 1 would be the last on my list. Your EV is by far the worst here. If you want to maximize your EV then the smaller field is better. And event 1 is top heavy on the pay out obviously, but that means you have to finish 4th or higher to get more than $100. Event 3 you hit the $100 mark at 256th, 5 rounds earlier.

Event 1 is just a pure lottery ticket, 1 person gets crazy lucky and the other 100K players get next to nothing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to take this shot at a dream score, but since this will have the largest field your EV is the lowest here. It's just a matter of personal preference.

If you like tourney play, the WCOOP ticket events are nice. It could be a free way to take a shot without having to satty in. The structure in most if the wcoop events is slow, deeper stacked, plenty of time to get comfortable, be patient, pick your spots. Remember last year, maritek sattied up starting with I think a 40FPP satellite, hoping to take a shot, and ended the wcoop by negotiating with "I want million". It can happen, and that's a pretty cool dream too.

GL everyone in whatever you choose, would be awesome to see some PSO members come out on the top of these draws.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
If I had 2 tickets, I would pick #3 and #4

But does it really make a difference?
These are all (lottery, bingo) tournaments as you only have 1 chip
So if you feel lucky and you're the lucky person, why not go for the big tickets or big cash, being #1 and #5.

GL to all participating

Old
Hello - Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2013
Do the chromstar vips have the right to partecipate to these tournaments ? Is yes how do we get the ticket?

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genti27 View Post
Do the chromstar vips have the right to partecipate to these tournaments ? Is yes how do we get the ticket?
You would need to earn 500 VPPs by midnight ET

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:49 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
If I had 2 tickets, I would pick #3 and #4

But does it really make a difference?
These are all (lottery, bingo) tournaments as you only have 1 chip
So if you feel lucky and you're the lucky person, why not go for the big tickets or big cash, being #1 and #5.

GL to all participating
They all have different payout structures...So in answer to your question..YES

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com