Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Aug 28, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 07:08 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenD731 View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello GrenD731,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 04:23 AM
(#4)

I should have palyed more aggresive in this hand? or where i have done msitake...

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#5)
Hi GrenD731,

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers!

flophitter

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#6)
Thanks.

I have already completed all 3 steps.

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:17 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi GrenD731,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post
Preflop, I would raise to 40 instead of 90. 3x raise + 1bb for each opponent limping into the pot. That we can isolate the limper and in the same time keep a big enough stack with us to be able to play post flop and also since we do not want to invest our entire stack preflop we can escape a re-raise much cheaper.

OTF, we have two overcards, a backdoor straight, and the nut flush draw. However we still don't have a made hand, so I wouldn't mind seeing the turn here and keeping the weaker draws in. We can go both ways: either raising or calling. I think I prefer calling better because I wouldn't want to get re-raised all in and have to put the rest of my money on the flop with 30% equity at best. As played, I think we should bet the rest of the 700 into the 1,250 pot. Obviously the outcome of the hand would be the same as Villain 2 will always call there. Unlucky river card for us!

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:03 AM
(#8)
Thanks for help geoVARTA.

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#9)

calling for his re-raise was mistake right ?

By the way i have completeda ll 3 steps. what should i do next ?

I have also passed Cash Game Quizz.

I did a Right raise on Flop or i should have rised more ?

Last edited by GrenD731; Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 01:37 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job! And we'll have those hands analysed asap. Meanwhile...

Step Two!

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:09 PM
(#11)
big bets are for :
1. to put pressure on opponents.
2. to increase pot when you have monster hand.
3. to bluff

i acted correctly to not be more agressive in this hand right ?

watched video & passed quizz too. all 3 tasks are completed

ih avel ost in this one.

Last edited by GrenD731; Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:29 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi GrenD731! I'll anakyse the hands in post #11.

1. The player in front of you posted his blind out of turn and then checked. This means he has a weak hand, so you can treat this as a limp. Since ATs is good enough to play (and good enough to raise), then a good size is 3bb + 1bb for the limper, to make it 8c, in order to deny good pot odds to other players, and to get value from the limper's weak hand. 6c is OK, but try to make your raises a little bigger if someone is already in the pot. As played, you're 3-handed on the KT6 flop, and instead of checking to you, the limper donks out with a smallish bet of 6c into 31c. Small donkleads usually indicate weak hands and draws. It's possible villain has top pair with no kicker, or he could have a worse ten, bottom pair, a small pocket pair, or maybe a draw with QJ or something like that. You're losing to Kx but beating the rest of villain's range, but I like calling. If you raised, then villain would likely fold all the hands you beat (so you get no more value) and only continue with better hands. In position, you can control the pot. With middle pair, keeping the pot small is good. You also could improve to trips or two pairs, and you'd like to do that cheaply. You're heads up on the turn which is a 9. This is quite a bad card for you, because QJ just made the nuts, and if villain has something like T9 or K9, he just made two pairs. I would eliminate these hands from his range, however, when he bets just 6c again, this time into a 31c pot. I'm fairly sure you have him beat, but calling again seems fine. He might continue with his weak "bluff" if you just call. On the river, he finally checks, so I think you're good. I would actually make a very small "thin value" bet myself here. Although it's far from standard, I think if you choose the same bet-size of a measly 6c into the 43c pot, he'll call with a worse hand. In normal situations, if you'd called bigger bets on earlier streets, then checking back is by far the best choice, as you won't get called by worse if you bet the river. (Villain often had a draw that missed, and he won't call with queen-jack high).

2. With AKs in the big blind, facing a raise and a call, also calling is an option, and I would do this sometimes if the first player is very tight. The option you chose is good too. It's a squeeze play. The initial raiser is faced with a re-raise, but he's not closing the action, so he's in a tough spot. Both villains call, which is a little worrying, as I would expect the first player to have a decent pocket pair most of the time. The second player is likely to have a more speculative hand, since he only called twice. You got lucky on the flop, as you made TPTK. You're only losing to QQ and 88, so unless you get raised on the flop, I think you can commit to getting all in by betting every street. Worse aces are definitely calling, so there's a lot of value to be gained. In a 3-bet pot like this, a half pot bet would be standard on the flop, and this would set you up to go all in on the turn. Betting a little less is OK too, as that leaves you with a stack that is smaller than the size of the pot. If you made any mistake here, it's on the turn. There's $1.44 in the middle and only $1.29 in your stack. You should go all in now, because there's a possibilty villain has a draw. If the draw misses, he won't give you another cent on the river. You've already committed to getting all in, so do it NOW, before villain either sucks out, or bricks out. By betting small on the turn, villain wouldn't be making a mistake if he calls with a decent draw. We make money from our opponents' mistakes, so let him make a big one, and go all in, to deny him the right price to call. He actually called with a gutshot when he didn't have the right odds to do so, and he hit a 4-outer on the river. If the river wasn't a 9, you'd be missing out on 55c more value. Since villain made his hand, he's snap-calling. In future, try and get more value when villain could be drawing. Maximise your value while villain is still chasing, because he won't give you money on the river if he misses.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 07:33 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 12:42 AM
(#13)
yeah it helps alot. Thanks ArtySmokesPS .

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#14)
Hello GrenD731,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 08:08 AM
(#15)
I have earned 10VPPs. Whats next?

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#16)
Hi GrenD731,

That's great news! Once those VPPs filter through to our admin systems your third Bankroll Builder bonus will be processed and it will be in your account shortly thereafter!

Now to earn your fourth and final bonus, keep applying the principles you have learned at the same tables as before until you have earned a further 10 VPPs, counting from when you receive this latest bonus.

If you lose your bankroll, please post the losing hand(s) for analysis. As ever, if you have any questions we are here for you.

flophitter

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#17)
i think i havent recieved 3rd bonus yet. how much times it usualy takes to recieve?

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 05:32 PM
(#18)
We checked your VPP count, but we don't see 10 earned since the 2nd bonus, you have fewer than 10 VPPs in total. So keep playing until you hit the 10 mark and your bonus will be released.

flophitter

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#19)
i have 16.32 VPP now( i think that should be enaugh). if i reach 10vpp after 2nd bonus i will recieve it automaticaly?

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 04:42 AM
(#20)
Hi GrenD731,

Good news, your third bonus has been processed and will be with you soon, if not already. Now just carry on until have you a further 10 VPPs earned since the third bonus and your fourth bonus will be released automatically.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com