Old
AQo out of position facing aggression - Wed Aug 28, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I am BB
CO is 23/23/0 in 43 hands
BTN is 100/38/9 very small sample, no showdown seen yet

CO opens and BTN flats
I did not relish the thought of playing AQ out of position against 2 players but thought this would be an nice squeeze spot. CO had not seen me 3bet much so hopefully I could take the pot preflop or at least the isolate the maniac.

I 3bet to 4 times the open, CO folded but BTN called.
I thought the flop was great TQT, but there were a bunch of draws in villain's range so I made my CB just under 60% pot.

villain minraises me

my questions are:
Is the squeeze OK and what should the bet size be?
how often does villain minraise there to induce me to shove into his trips or better?

P.S.:
Funny thing happened. Just by writing this post I have made this hand clearer in my mind. I still would like to see an analysis to confirm things.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I think it's always fine to squeeze if you believe the first villain is raising loosely since the second villain will be even looser the majority of the times.
Also squeezing size is ok.
Now on the flop I am betting less, like 30-40% of the pot since it's a paired board and we want to get value from worse than a pair.
The minraise is opponent relevant, since some villains might minraise with KJ, Qx, and some only with Tx.
But from villain's loose preflop image I put him on Tx everyday there and I am folding to his minraise.

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 10:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Tweedle,

Quote:
Is the squeeze OK and what should the bet size be?
I think flatting or 3-betting are both valid options here. If 3-betting your sizing is ok normally, but I would go a bit bigger personally in this spot as that will serve to better accomplish your goals... squeezing V3 out to isolate on the guy playing every hand, and gain extra value from that guy in the process.

Quote:
how often does villain minraise there to induce me to shove into his trips or better?
32.197% of the time.

lol no seriously, anyone's guess is as good as mine. We have no read on the guy except that he seems to be crazy loose. With a low stack to pot ratio of just over 3, my plan is to commit if we hit top pair against this villain. And despite the min raise, with a villain who is crazy loose and irrational, I would still stack it off here and take my chances.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Same as Dave. Knowing that he is calling anyway then I would raise a little bigger. All he is seeing is fold, check, call & bet/raise he isn't looking how big the raise is. On the flop even though a ten is in his range so is KJ QJ 22+ or even any 2 lol. I think I'm stacking off 100bbs here against this villain type. If he has the 10 then good for him.

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
BTN is 100/38/9, with such stats if he raises he has TX 90% of the time, there's no draws OTF. He might put you on AK and might over play 22-99 sence there's no A or K on the board,but I don't think it will be too often. maybe just to call his raise is better option?

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 05:44 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com