Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Promo

Old
Bankroll Builder Promo - Wed Aug 28, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hello, I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promo
please! Thank you

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 02:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine2Fivee View Post
Hello, I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promo
please! Thank you
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 09:53 AM
(#4)

Here is the hand i got JhTs offsuit connectors i just checked even do everyone limped in wich i dont know if it was the correct play or i should had open the pot , then there was a small raise and the pot odds for me to call we're great so I call. Flo comes 6hQh9c I got an open-ended straight draw so i made a raise to start building the pot.

On the turn I hit the Kh to give me straight but if someone was drawing a flush and had two hearts I would be beaten so I just checked to see my opponent reaction wich both check and I felt no one had the flush until a 5h appeared on the river. I raise to see if i can get any trash hand out of the way , then i go re-raised and iw as pot commited so i decided to shove-all in wich i dont know if it would been better to shove at the turn.

I won the hand but i dont know if there some moves I could have done better or how I should had play the hand. Thanks !

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:10 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:19 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Nine2Five

Looks like you have posted out of turn. I would advise you to wait for the BB when you play for real money because there is no point to pay the blinds twice in a single round.

Preflop is fine. With so many players seeing this flop, I think I would have taken a x/c line to keep the pot as small as possible with a draw since we have little to no fold equity against so many callers. I wouldn't check the turn however. We just made our hand and I want to extract value now from 9x with one heart, Qx with one heart, Q9, KQ. These hands will pay us now but may not on the river. I think your shove OTR is a mistake, given the action I'm surprised I don't see an A high flush!!! Although this hand worked in your favor I think we are better off b/f the river or b/c at best and not reshoving because we would be valueowning ourselves so much of the time.

Hope this makes sense!

GL at the tables!

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Now let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:52 PM
(#8)
I have completed the Poker Basic Quiz

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have completed the Poker Basic Quiz
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#10)

Here is my hand, i thought it had it on the River when the Ace showed up but after seen the result i can see its a bad player , but what could i have done better ?

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#11)
The 3 reasons to make a big bet would be :

Put pressure on Opponents
Protect agaunst strong draws
To gain value from very strong hands

I will let you know asoon as I complete the cash Quiz , thanks!

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:36 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Nine2Fivee! I'll analyse the hand in post #10.

I'm really not sure what you were thinking in this hand, because your line is far from standard. A villain limps UTG and you decided to raise with A7 in UTG+1. Your hand is not strong enough to make this play in early position. There are still 7 players to act, and it's highly unlikely you have the best hand. In early position, you should only play very strong hands like TT+, AQ+. After your raise, getting called would be bad enough, as you'll be out of position, but you actually get re-raised. Amazingly, the big 3-bet gets called in a few spots, but you should still fold when the action comes back to you. What are you beating, and what kind of flop are you hoping to see? If you hit an ace, you'll still be losing to A8+ and random two pair hands. If you make a habit of calling reraises out of position, you'll lose a ton of money.
Instead, you call. The flop comes KJ8, so you totally missed. All you have is one overcard and a backdoor flush draw. It's checked around and a T comes on the turn, so you picked up a double gutshot, but that's a weak draw. You'll probably only chop the pot with another ace if a queen comes on the river, and hitting a 9 will give you the "idiot end" of another straight, as any queen would beat you. If the river comes a spade, then you could still lose to a flush if you make a straight. I would snap-fold to the 84c bet. It's just not profitable to call it, when you have so few clean outs.
On the river, you hit an ace, but there's almost no chance that you have the best hand. Villains will have two pairs or a straight almost always. It's only a small bet to call, so you kind of have to call for pot odds reasons, but you'll seldom have the best hand. In fact, two villains both have two pairs.
The main lessons to learn here are to think less about the strength of your own hand, and more about the likely hands villains have. On a board like this, in a multiway pot, A7o is complete garbage. You shouldn't be in the pot in the first place with a trash hand, and you should definitely fold on the turn. If you make a habit of calling big bets with just ace high, you'll never make money.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:35 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Super!

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and we'll get you your next bonus

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 01:36 PM
(#15)
I have completed the Cash Game quiz thanks !

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have completed the Cash Game quiz thanks !
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com