Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankbuilder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Aug 28, 2013, 06:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Last edited by bettuh; Wed Aug 28, 2013 at 07:31 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettuh View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 08:54 AM
(#4)
1. I have watched the getting started video

2. In this hand I put him on the flush draw so I kept betting to make him pay for it, now looking back could I have got a little bit more out of him?

3. I have passed the quiz!

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi bettuh,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

Well played. I would however, bet slightly larger on both the flop and the turn. 1/2 to 2/3 pot.

GL at the tables!

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:30 AM
(#7)
Thanks! Should I be expecting a bonus?

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks! Should I be expecting a bonus?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#9)

For the cash game quiz it said "First you need to complete a prior course quiz"

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
3. I have passed the quiz!
Yes, It looks like you haven't passed the Poker Basic quiz yet even though you said you did. This also means you won't get your first bonus yet.

Please let us know when you pass the Poker Basic quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#11)
Oh my bad! It seems I've done most of the quizzes but not that one, I try to do it and it says I've recently passed a quiz to try again later, so I guess that's what I'll do!

Thanks!

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 08:09 AM
(#12)
Wait no? I had done the quiz before because it's now saying I need to complete the prior quiz again even though i just passed it with 75%.

Last edited by bettuh; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 08:16 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Wait no? I had done the quiz before because it's now saying I need to complete the prior quiz again even though i just passed it with 75%.
Our system is showing that you have not yet passed the Poker Basic quiz.

Here's a link again to the quiz that you need to pass:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ssessment-Quiz

Let us know as soon as you have passed it

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#14)
Passed! Success Rate 94%

Okay maybe it was the wrong quiz, thanks very much!

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Passed! Success Rate 94%

Okay maybe it was the wrong quiz, thanks very much!
Brilliant!

You've now passed the Poker Basic quiz and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#16)

i. Put a lot of pressure on opponents
ii. To bluff people off certain hands
iii. To protect against strong draws

Still need to do the quiz

Last edited by bettuh; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Put in wrong code

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 12:41 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi I'll analyse the hand in post #16.

The first thing to point out is that this is a 6-max table, where the play is loose and aggressive. The PSO beginner courses are designed for full ring tables, where a disciplined and patient style is profitable, so please sit on 9-handed tables for the remainder of this promotion. Nevertheless, I'll take a look at this hand.

With A6o in the cutoff facing a raise, I'd actually just fold. Ragged aces are trouble hands. If you hit top pair, you have kicker trouble, so if you find yourself playing a big pot, you're usually losing to a better ace. You can't make a flush or straight using both your holecards, so this hand doesn't play well post-flop. I'd rather call a raise with something like 76s in this spot, as you're more likely to have two live cards, and could flop a nice draw. As played, you call and the flop comes AJ5, and here's your problem. You made a pair, so you can't fold to the villain's continuation bet, but he's not going to give you much money if he has a worse hand than yours. You call on the flop, and fortunately, the villain checks the turn. While he could be pot-controlling with a hand like AT, he often has something more like KQ, so he's giving up, since he expects you to have the ace. You can bet here to take the pot down, but you're not often getting called by worse. About the only hands that call are better aces, and flush draws. Here villain folds, so he had nothing, and this illustrates the point. You made a pair with A6o and only won a small pot. That's par for the course. With "reverse implied odds" hands, you tend to win small pots and lose big ones. While it's nice to win a small pot, you won't make money in the long run with ace rags, because a few gains from small pots will be wiped out completely by one big loss. Despite the good result this time, I would stick to the initial advice and fold pre-flop.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#19)
Thank you very much for the advice, will put it into practice next time I play after the next bonus as I lost an all in with aces and they had queens and hit the queen :/

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you very much for the advice, will put it into practice next time I play after the next bonus as I lost an all in with aces and they had queens and hit the queen :/
Great,

All you need to do now is let us know as soon as you've passed the Cash Game quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com