Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 12:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
im new here. i just wanna join this promotion. how can get free cash on this thread. plz help me

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 04:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annpinay63 View Post
im new here. i just wanna join this promotion. how can get free cash on this thread. plz help me
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder session feedback - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 09:16 PM
(#4)

is it okay that my move is to raise which is suited 6 going for straight and a flush? which is in the end its effective.

Old
passing the quiz - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
(#5)
ive just recently pass the poker assessment quiz..

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

is it okay that my move is to raise which is suited 6 going for straight and a flush? which is in the end its effective.
Hi annpinay63!

Let's break this hand into two parts. Preflop and postflop.

Preflop I strongly suggest folding 100% of the time. Completing from the blinds is a major leak among beginners. You just won't win with such marginal hands often enough to make it profitable. Ask yourself "What am I hoping to flop?" We can't count on flush or straight outs as we could with suited or connected cards. if you flop a 6 you will rarely have top pair. And if you flop a K, you run a very real risk of losing a big pot to an opponent with another K and a better kicker. Folding marginal hands like this that play so poorly postflop will keep you out of trouble.

As played, you flop an open ended straight draw. It looks good, but is it? You only have three 4s and three 9s for outs since the spades makes a flush possible. A 9 would put 789 on the board which gives anyone holding 10J a better straight than you. So you are not drawing to the nuts. Leading out with a bet may be ok if we think we can get the opponent to fold. Yet, we will rarely get 4 villains to fold. Morever, betting 40 into a pot of 320 is too small. It will encourage players to stay in the hand. Thus it builds the pot without improving our chances. This is the opposite of what we want to do. The same is true of your 3-bet. It is too small to help us improve our situation. Ask yourself "What do I want my bet/raise to achieve?" Are you bluffing (hoping they will fold), or are you raising for value (maximizing our profit on the hand)? Regardless, a larger raise is needed to achieve our plan.

As played, luckily no spade came on the turn. Again though, your bet is way too small. Something about 70% pof the pot would be preferable. Your bet is giving anyone chasing a flush (or straight) good odds to continue.

Finally, at 2NL, players tend to fold too little and call too much. This makes bluffing less sucessful. Players just don't fold enough. This is why we recommend sticking to spots where we can bet for value. It is easy to get paid off when you bet your strong made hands (sets or better).

I'm glad this hand worked out for you, but this line won't work often enough to be profitable at 2NL.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
ive just recently pass the poker assessment quiz..
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll session feedback - Sat Aug 31, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#9)

could you help me with this one.

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi annpinay63! I'll analyse the hand in post #9.

Calling pre-flop on the button with J9s is fine. It's not a super-strong hand, but plays well in position in a multiway pot, where you could win a nice pot if you flop a good draw (which should be your aim with this hand; a draw, not a pair) or you could sometimes use your position to steal the pot if everyone checks. As played, it's four-handed on the JT6 flop. When it's checked to you, you often have the best hand, and but it's pretty vulnerable, so needs "protection" from both overcards and draws, of which there are several on this flop. Since you're likely to get action from at least one player, and there are so many draws, you should bet quite big, around 75% of pot. Instead, you bet just 4c into 26c. This is a mistake. What can a bet of this size achieve? Draws aren't folding. You're giving them a bargain price to call and beat you. We make money from our opponents' mistakes, not by allowing them to play perfectly! If you don't set a high enough price for worse hands and draws, then they aren't making a mistake. I would expect at least one if not two callers when you bet so small, but something odder happens. The cutoff check-raises for close to the size of the pot. There is a small chance that he's making this play precisely because your bet was so small and weak, so he expects you to fold. More often, he either has a very strong hand (check-raises indicate huge strength) or a very strong draw. If he has something like then he has a huge combo draw that could make a straight or a flush. A hand like that is actually a favourite to beat you. If villain isn't drawing, then all his made hands have you crushed. He could have two pairs, or - more likely - a set. There's only one good option for you here, and that's to fold, having only put 4c in the pot. Villain is either way ahead, or he has a draw that is a favourite. Or look at it another way. You were only willing to put 4c into the pot with your hand, but villain has made it 22c to go. If your hand is strong enough to call a 22c bet, then you would have bet that amount in the first place. Since you clearly didn't think your hand was strong, you should like it even less now. As played, you call, and the turn is the , which completes the flush draw. Villain bets half pot and you have another opportunity to fold. What are you beating at this point? Flush draws got there, and you were already losing to sets, two pairs and better jacks. Would villain raise the flop and bet the turn with a worse hand than yours? I can't see him showing up with J8o, can you? You call again, and the river puts another spade on the board. You finally make the laydown here, but it's two streets too late. Villain almost certainly had you beat on the flop, and proved it by betting the turn. Don't be a calling station paying off the best hand. If your hand is just one weak pair, give a lot of respect to raises and just fold.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Super,

Now just let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com