Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hiho! Im not-so-new to poker cuz I've started playin holdem in 2010 and started playin at PokerStars only few weeks ago, and want to participate in Bankroll Builder promo. Cheers!

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs3roN View Post
Hiho! Im not-so-new to poker cuz I've started playin holdem in 2010 and started playin at PokerStars only few weeks ago, and want to participate in Bankroll Builder promo. Cheers!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#4)
1) Done
2)

Should I go allin postflop cuz of that heavy board instead of that silly 40BB bet? How should I play that hand differently? #edit: I see that there is seat available on the vid.. There was a guy sittin out.. Do I need to post another hand replay?
3) Passed

Last edited by Xs3roN; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 08:31 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Xs3roN! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

With QQ UTG, raising is definitely correct, and in a play money game it might be correct to open for a huge bet of 20bb. When you get on the real money tables, a standard ope-raise size is just 3bb. When you get so many callers, the pot on the flop is 280, which is greater than your stack size. With top set on a wet board, you have to bet for value and protection, and I would ship it all in right now. Any bet that is smaller just leaves you with an even smaller amount to bet on the turn. If villains have draws, make them pay the maximum on the flop, because you won't be able to price them out on the turn. As played, the turn is a horrible card, as any 9 beats you, but you're pot committed and have to get it in. Villains are similarly pot-committed, so make some light calls, but you end up chopping with some of them when the board makes a straight.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

P.S. It's OK to stay if one or two players sit out or leave the table, but once there's 2 empty seats, I'd look for another table.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Super!

Now let us know as soon as you've passed the Poker Basic quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
(#8)
I've passed it already with, I dont remember exactly, 73% rate.

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've passed it already with, I dont remember exactly, 73% rate.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#10)
1)

Should I check or made 1BB bet for info instead of that big bet? I think I did good cuz I wanted to protect my hand. I've got Q9s and that was fast look what was flopped and I think I rushed it a lil bit. Turn popped with spade and it raised my confidence even higher, so I continued earlier strategy and made big bet, but I havent looked at stacks level, my bad cuz I should. Turn bet called by my opponent, time for river. Another spade pop in and made me flush king high which was beautiful and made myself into allin. Villain checked and bam, flush ace high. So, as I've asked earlier and one more question to this hand, how I should have played it instead what we saw here?

Here is another hand cuz that AKo replay wasnt full 9-hand cuz of two sitters *sic*

Some advice here? I didnt wanted to make bigger bet when 3rd Ace came, but I see, that I should cuz Its almost always better to force enemy to fold, I forgot bout that. I just gave an opportunity to made a draw. As I have asked, some advice here?

2) 3 reasons that player may want to big bet are:
- put a pressure on opponents
- bluff people of decent hands
- protect against strong draws

3) Passed with 70%

Last edited by Xs3roN; Tue Sep 03, 2013 at 11:19 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 02:19 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
1)

Should I check or made 1BB bet for info instead of that big bet? I think I did good cuz I wanted to protect my hand. I've got Q9s and that was fast look what was flopped and I think I rushed it a lil bit. Turn popped with spade and it raised my confidence even higher, so I continued earlier strategy and made big bet, but I havent looked at stacks level, my bad cuz I should. Turn bet called by my opponent, time for river. Another spade pop in and made me flush king high which was beautiful and made myself into allin. Villain checked and bam, flush ace high. So, as I've asked earlier and one more question to this hand, how I should have played it instead what we saw here?

Here is another hand cuz that AKo replay wasnt full 9-hand cuz of two sitters *sic*

Some advice here? I didnt wanted to make bigger bet when 3rd Ace came, but I see, that I should cuz Its almost always better to force enemy to fold, I forgot bout that. I just gave an opportunity to made a draw. As I have asked, some advice here?

2) 3 reasons that player may want to big bet are:
- put a pressure on opponents
- bluff people of decent hands
- protect against strong draws

3) Passed with 70%
Hi Xs3roN!

First hand Preflop is perfect. I also like leading with a c-bet on the flop. If the villain is chasing a flush or straight, we don't want to give him a free card.

I don't think I would lead out on the turn though. Firstly, you didn't post any read on the villain, so I assume we are readless. When he calls on the flop, we need to put flush drawing hands in his range. More importantly, the villain only has 74c behind. Betting 36c into a 39c pot gets you value owned. Only hands beating you will continue and there is a very good chance that the villain will raise all in if he has a hand. We would have a hard time calling his shove if this happens. I would suggest either making a small blocking bet of one third the pot or checking. If the villain checks behind, great. If he makes a small bet we might be able to call. If he makes a half pot bet or larger we can fold.

On the river as played, I would check-call. You have a flush, but not the nut flush. Leading out will with four spades on the board will usually force the villain to fold most of his non-flush hands that you are beating such as pairs, two pair or sets. By checking, we give the villain a chance to bet these hands mistakenly hoping you will fold. Either way, with 1.11 in the pot and only 38c behind, we only need to win about a third of the time to make getting all in profitable. At 2NL the villain will pay us off with enough non-nut hands to make this ok.

The main issue with this hand was on the turn. AK is a strong starting hand, but it is not a made hand. We need to be careful not to overplay our hands in these spots.

Second hand Any time you are first to enter the pot preflop, always do so with a raise - no matter what your cards! Raising gives you an extra chance of winning because everyone may fold. With a strong hand like AQ, raising gives us more value by building the pot AND it protects our hand by limiting the number of opponents.

As played, I would have lead out for 3 or 4c on the flop. It is too easy for the villain to call a 2c min-raise with any two cards. On the turn, we need to be careful. It is hard to put the villain on a range of hands since we limped pf and just min-raised on the flop. Yes, we have trip As now, but we may stil be behind a flush. Either way, we can't let the villain see the rive too cheaply. Bet about 70% of the pot. This will give him poor odds to continue.

Betting the river is a serious mistake unfortunately. Now there are four diamonds on the board. Betting gets you value owned. All the hands you are beating will fold. This means it is very unlikely that you will be able to win more value from the opponent. Whereas, the only hands calling, or worse raising, are random one card flushes that just got there. This means we lose more than necessary. Just check down the hand. You have some showdown value. So hope your hand is good.

This hand is a very good example of how poor choices in bet sizing creates a situation where our good hand gets beat by a really bad hand. Had you made a standard 3x preflop and a standard 70% bet on the flop and turn, the villain would most likely have folded at some point winning you the pot. Keep an eye on this in the future.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 04:52 AM
(#13)
Big thanks for those reviews Roland GTX!

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 05:15 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
3) Passed with 70%
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#15)
I would like to watch that cash vid but it seems that its corrupted or sth. I cant watch it nor download.

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I would like to watch that cash vid but it seems that its corrupted or sth. I cant watch it nor download.
Hello,

Here's a link to it on You-Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2e5HzYRfZU&hd=1

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#17)
Hiho! Sadly I didn't managed to earn 10 VPP, I did only 6,62 VPP, so I need to post hands here. It was great experience to play micro, it vary from 'play money' no doubt. Let me say that I had total of 4 sessions for 2nd bonus loss, as I called that.

1st session on 4.09: result of -1,00$
2nd session on 5.09: result of +1,26$ (played at midday)
3rd session on 5.09: result of -0,91$ (played at the evening)
4th session on 8.09: result of -1,60$

In the meantime I've earned 0,67c in two EPTlive tourneys, 0,40c and 0,27c

I've grouped hands by sessions and up'ed only the most important ones, so here it goes. I would like to describe each hand separately but it would take too much time for me to watch and describe each one and describe each opponent, so I think that I'll describe overall situation for my game style and table situations, explain few things why I did this or that. I've played LAG decently, semi-bluff/bluffs cuz of passiveness of enemies, 3Bet since I saw that many of my table opponent wasn't that aggressive to keep goin - sadly few hands was played poorly cuz of that and my game style is somewhat deceptive, but that's the game, we learn all the time by our AND enemies mistakes. I was losin BB to even 5BB in one hand but in the end I was earning cents so summation was zero by those low pots. So, those hand posted below are the worst.

Session 1

Session 2 (played at midday)

Session 3 (played at the evening)

Session 4

That's all of my failed hands. Fun fact is I've played PSO Freeroll at the day of session 4 and I ended up in 129th place out of 10k. Maybe humility by those earlier loss or tighten my game style a little, who knows

I'm waitin for further advise. Cheers!

Last edited by Xs3roN; Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 09:47 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 09, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Please note, we won't be able to look at all those hands, if you could post just one at a time as we are very busy with other bankroll builders

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com