Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bababankroll buildin'

Old
Bababankroll buildin' - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hello,

I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GringoJek View Post
Hello,

I'd like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks!
GringoJek
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
JJ UTG on super-loose table - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#4)
I'd waited and folded an awful long time on a really loose table before getting JJ...

Didn't like the board but these guys were crazy. What should I have done? Left the table?

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Tasks completed - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#5)
Ok I've watched the videos, posted a hand, and passed the quiz. Ready for the next phase!

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi GringoJek! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

It's good to hear you remained patient. On the play money tables in particular, you'll see some crazy play, and it can be tempting to start playing random garbage in the hope you get lucky, but that would be a bad habit to pick up, as real money games are much tougher and villains won't be giving their chips away so easily. That being said, JJ is a monster hand in a play money game, so you should try and win a big pot with it if you get the chance. Raising pre-flop is great. When villain 5 re-raises, he's committed about a third of his starting stack. This means he's pot-committed and won't be folding any time soon. Since JJ is likely to be ahead of his range, I would go directly all in over the top. You'll lose quite often against random hands, but as long as you get your money in as a favourite, you'll make profits in the long run. As played, you call, and now you're pot-committed. On any flop where you make a set or an overpair, you should push all in. That's what happens. Amazingly on the T93 flop, two villains both have T9, so you're in terrible shape, especially as you have no flush draw, but you're lucky enough to spike a 2-outer on the river. Bear in mind that on the real money tables, you shouldn't play JJ so aggressively. Villains won't routinely be putting a lot of chips in the pot pre-flop with worse hands than JJ, and if they stack off on the flop, they will have QQ+, TPTK, or a set, so be a bit more cautious, and perhaps treat JJ like TT or 99. Play aggressively if you happen to flop an overpair, but don't go too crazy if you have a bad flop that contains overcards.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck when you get the real money bonus!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand analysis - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#8)
Wasn't it a 4 outer? 2 jacks and 2 threes. I had a 16% chance! 4 outs times 4. I'm probably the 1% that actually read the basic guide lol. Though what the odds of hitting 2 out of those 4 outs are I dunno.

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 07:01 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok I've watched the videos, posted a hand, and passed the quiz. Ready for the next phase!

Thanks!
GringoJek
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tasks completed Phase 2 - Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:09 PM
(#10)
Greetings,

I've completed the three tasks.

Here was a frustrating hand I played.

Answers to the question:
To put lot of pressure on opponent.
To gain value from good hands.
To protect against strong draws.

And I've passed the quiz.

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi GringoJek,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this post

I don't mind calling the BB with a suited ace and play multiway. We flop pretty well with the nut flush draw and a straight draw. I think our hand benefits more from being aggressive by taking a check raise line OTF that way we fold hands that already beat us since we still don't have a made hand and we build a pot for the times we do hit vs pocket pairs, and weaker flush draws.

GL at the tables!

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:34 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
12.30 cpp earned - Sun Sep 01, 2013, 09:29 PM
(#14)
Hello,

I've accumulated 12.30 vpp since the last step.

Thanks!
GringoJek

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 06:01 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

I've accumulated 12.30 vpp since the last step.

Thanks!
GringoJek
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus'+

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 24 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Received the third bonus - Mon Sep 02, 2013, 07:09 PM
(#16)
Ok I've received the third bonus. Please advise me of the next step.

Thanks!
GJ

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok I've received the third bonus. Please advise me of the next step.

Thanks!
GJ
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you've got your 3rd bonus!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Reached the final target. - Tue Sep 03, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#18)
Hey Raiser!

Ok I've gotten more than 10 vpp since the last bonus. What's next?

Thanks!
GJ

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 02:10 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey Raiser!

Ok I've gotten more than 10 vpp since the last bonus. What's next?

Thanks!
GJ
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com