Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

[OPSF] Hand analysis

Old
[OPSF] Hand analysis - Thu Aug 29, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hiho, here are last 5 hands I've played on Online Poker Show Freeroll. It includes one, the QQ preflop allin hand which makes me somehow anxious. Please take a look. Hands are sorted by the most recent if u dont know.

Lemme ask the question for easier answerin. At this stage of tournament when everybody plays tighter did I good goin allin with QQ? TBH I havent thought that he could have a monster hand of KK, he was moved onto the table like 3 hands earlier and I havent paid and attention to him. Feel free to talk bout all hands u can see here

Here are stats of that tourney if u are interested There was 18331 players
Quote:
You finished in 900th place (eliminated at hand #103404091963).

154 hands played and saw flop:
- 5 times out of 15 while in small blind (33%)
- 6 times out of 16 while in big blind (38%)
- 26 times out of 123 in other positions (21%)
- a total of 37 times out of 154 (24%)

Pots won at showdown - 5 out of 10 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 13

Last edited by Xs3roN; Thu Aug 29, 2013 at 06:19 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 11:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Xs3ron,

In the first QQ hand with a villain holding 59bb's to start the hand and opening a tight range UTG, I would typically flat call in position rather than 3B with QQ. Part of the problem with 3-betting is that we fold out the bottom of his already tight range, on this depth of money QQ plays better in position against his entire UTG opening range. And I don't really know what to do vs. a normal sized 4b. Plus flat calling can sometimes induce a squeeze behind us... if a player 3b squeezes behind and UTG 4b's, we can actually get away I think vs. UTG's super tight range. If there's a squeeze and UTG folds or calls, we can now come back over the top and catch the squeezer light sometimes and will be stronger than he realizes, so we'll get squeeze/called by TT and maybe AQ that thinks they're good.

3-betting isn't bad per say, but it presents problems when we get action from an unknown but presumably tight UTG range (his raising range is already tight but his 4b/get it in range may be super tight, with no reads we can't be sure).

If we were shorter, like if the effective stack were below 40bb, I would prefer to 3b/get it in more often.

As played, I would all off to his 4b shove. While AA and KK are possible for sure, it looks like a bet that just wants to end the hand right there, like AK/JJ/TT, so I think those are possible as well. QQ plays well enough against TT+ and AK that I would go with it personally, especially if he wouldn't do this with AA specifically as he wants more action... QQ plays really well vs. a range of TT-KK/AK.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:02 AM
(#3)
I really appreciate ur opinion TheLangolier! I see that I forgot bout positionin and advantage cuz of that. Most of the time I take care bout position and, as u mentioned, I squeeze the table when I can, u know, opportunity to steal blinds, rise when before there were folds or limps, oh, and one question I've got now bout those rises.. Is that good when I rise after folds and/or limps with Q3s or better question - QTs and lower than ten, J9s and lower than 9, and rise sometimes with bad hands like J9 or Q10? What bout lower than 7 in K7s? Should I play aggressive as usual preflop? If my stack lets me play loose I play LAG but when it gets smaller I play tighter, thats the usual thing, right?

If there is someone who want to comment, feel free to do so. I want to see few more analysis, especially for that QQ case of 59BB villain stack Cheers

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
It depends entirely on the reads we have. If the players still to act are tight, have medium stacks, etc I would attack them fairly liberally. If they are strong players, defend their button and blinds vigorously, play loose-aggressive, then I'm not going to attack with pure junk.

I think the mistake in your question is tying it to just hole cards. Those are not the primary factor in stealing.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 09:12 AM
(#5)
Thanks again TheLangolier for ur words. I use notes to mark players if they are playin proper game style nad I see that there are a lot of LAGs with tendency to maniacally bet/rise, only few of those are marked as a good player

When I was askin bout those hole cards I was thinkin bout tourneys when blinds goes up fast and sometimes I cant caught up with playin too tight, sometimes I play as a pretty decent lag player or decent tag player, it depends on my stack size and actual mood, but mostly on my stack size which is mostly below the average of actual tourney. The reason is that Im afraid of calls when I play too loose for gettin a draw or even bluffin. I think that Im playin too tight on the beginin of the tourney and then I suffer when I dont get really good hand. Some advice for that? Cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com