Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[Jurrrrrrr] Bankroll builder

Old
[Jurrrrrrr] Bankroll builder - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hey there, I am interested in being a part of this promotion! Cheers

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrrrrrr View Post
Hey there, I am interested in being a part of this promotion! Cheers
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#4)
I seem to be having trouble seeing the videos.. I cant see the box where they should be appearing...

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:43 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I seem to be having trouble seeing the videos.. I cant see the box where they should be appearing...
Try these links:

1. How to use the hand replayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM7d6OCKWW0&hd=1

2. Getting Started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcWnLfQw0o&hd=1

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 02:58 PM
(#6)
Thank you!! I already passed the poker basics test.. so I have to post the hand now?

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#7)

classic value-bet after I made my hand. Comments?

I open preflop with 7x big blind, really standard. Flop top pair so I go higher to protect my hand against flush draws. Cant predict any ranges on the villains since one basically goes all in. I figure I have him beat since the odds of him having a 9 pair and calling aren't too high. Comments?

Last edited by Jurrrrrrr; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:39 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

classic value-bet after I made my hand. Comments?

I open preflop with 7x big blind, really standard. Flop top pair so I go higher to protect my hand against flush draws. Cant predict any ranges on the villains since one basically goes all in. I figure I have him beat since the odds of him having a 9 pair and calling aren't too high. Comments?
Hi Jurrrrrrr!

First hand K6, Nice job not betting the flop. You have middle pair, but your hand isn't really strong enough to be leading out with, especially with the A showing. Betting once you make two pair on the turn is perfect. I would probably have bet a bit larger, somewhere between 70% and 100% of the pot. We want to ensure that anyone chasing a flush is getting bad odds. Plus, with so many people in the hand, there is a better chance that someone will call a larger bet.

On the river, the third spade comes. This card will either help the opponent or scare them. I would recommend better a bit smaller here between a third of the pot and half pot. The smaller bet doesn't cost you too much in case the villain just got a flush and comes over the top. If he does, you should fold without a very good read. The smaller bet also allows one pair hands to call. Betting large here may get you value owned. This means all the hands you are beating fold which wins you less than you could have. Whereas only the hands beating you continue which loses you more. Im glad this one worked out for you.

Nice hand

Second hand AKo, your preflop raise is a bit big. The standard at 2NL is 3bb plus 1bb for each limper. Since people tend not to fold on playmoney tables, goiing somewhat bigger at is probably ok. Once you get to real money, be careful about this. Stick to the standard.

On the flop you have top pair, top kicker and a possible nut flush draw. I would bet a bit larger, about 70%-80% of the pot. This earns you value from all the players who don't like to fold at playmoney. It also protects your hand from anyone chasing.

This turn pairs the board and the first villain leads out with a larger than pot sized bet. I do not recommend calling this without a read. However, very often a large bet like this is a bluff. It looks like he wants you to fold. If he were holding a 9, he probably would have bet less hoping you would call. Again, be careful about making calls like this at real money. Don't do it unless you have seen the villain make a similar move with weak hands. The risk just isnt worth the reward when you only have a top pair hand.

Nice call on this one.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#10)
Thank you for the hand analysis and tips! So what now?

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 06:09 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you!! I already passed the poker basics test.. so I have to post the hand now?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 06:36 AM
(#12)
Great, got my bonus! Also I just finished 80th in a $25 freeroll and won 6 cents :P Haha. Please post the youtube link of the video above. Thanks!

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#13)

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 01:38 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi Jurrrrrrr!

First off, as a general rule, anytime you are the first to enter the pot, do so with a raise - no matter what you are holding! Limping in is pretty much never a good idea. Raising gives you the extra chance of winning by getting everyone to fold. It also conceals the strenth of your hand. If you always raise the same amount, nobody will know if you are holding AA or 72o. Limping your marginal hands and raising your strong hands is very exploitable by your opponents.

In this hand you have QJs. This is not strong enough to open with from early position. I recommend folding preflop. From utg, I would open with AQs+ and 1010+. Moreover, QJs is a speculative hand. It won't win often, but it has the potential to win a big pot. In order for playing these hands to be profitable, we need to have a deep stack. Most of the times we will miss the flop and have to fold. In order to make this profitable, we need to win a large pot the few times we do flop well. You are too short stacked to achieve this in this hand.

If you happen to get short stacked, we need to limit the range of hands we can open with. We should wait for a premium hand that we can confidently get all in with.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 07:56 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Please post the youtube link of the video above. Thanks!
Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZfmbg32_c8&hd=1

Let us know when you pass the Cash Game quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#17)
Reasons for betting big:

Putting pressure on opponents
Bluffing them off decent hands
Gain value from strong hands

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#18)
I have passed the cash game quiz

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have passed the cash game quiz
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 09:02 AM
(#20)

The villain who i'm up against bluffed me 2-3 times and his betting pattern suggested he was bluffing me again.. so I decided to push and see.. Guess that was the wrong move...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com