Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25 NL FR: QQ pf facing 3b and string of callers

Old
25 NL FR: QQ pf facing 3b and string of callers - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
This hand just occurred on 25NL Zoom. I didnt have many stats on any of the players. I had 42 hands on the 3-bettor showing 12/12/16.7 3bet%. It looked like he raised any hand he played. First caller 12 hands 18/0/0 looked pretty passive. Second caller only 3 hands 67/0/0.

I didn't like the idea of playing this oop by calling. Although there was enough in the pot and the 3bet on the small side to make this tempting.

Folding to one overly aggressive player and two presumed stations seemed weak with QQ.

That left me with a 4-bet squeeze. I thought I was beating a large part of the raiser's range and didn't mind getting all in against him. With his all aggression strategy, I thought I would be getting it in good more times than not if he came over the top. I put him on 88+ and AJs+. But I wasn't thrilled about 4-betting into three relative unknowns.

Also, I wasn't really sure of my 4-bet size with all the callers. I took the 3-bet then added 1x for each caller plus a few cents more. It leaves me with an awkward amount, but I definately didn't want to get a string of callers.

How would you have played this one? I made a plan and followed through with it, but I don't think I have been in this situation before. The result was good, but I really don't know what to make of my line.

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey Roland,

I would of played it EXACTLY like you played it
Nice one

Old
Cool
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:05 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Hey Roland,

I would of played it EXACTLY like you played it
Nice one
That is very reassuring Sandtrap, thanks! BTW, I took the winnings off the table immediately

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:45 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland GTX View Post
BTW, I took the winnings off the table immediately

Roland GTX
I would of done the same and open up a new one ASAP....lol

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Greg,

Given all the details you gave (thanks!) I think the way you played it is great. I too really favor a large 4b in this spot. I would have sized mine a bit smaller than you did, probably $8 to go, but that's the only (small) difference.

I don't think the 4b leaves us with an awkward amount either, maybe you can elaborate why you feel it's so? If you get called here the pot will contain $23.15 and we have $15.25 behind to shove on the flop, seems fine to me.

As played obv. not 4b/folding QQ to V5 here, well played.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 03:29 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Greg,

Given all the details you gave (thanks!) I think the way you played it is great. I too really favor a large 4b in this spot. I would have sized mine a bit smaller than you did, probably $8 to go, but that's the only (small) difference.

I don't think the 4b leaves us with an awkward amount either, maybe you can elaborate why you feel it's so? If you get called here the pot will contain $23.15 and we have $15.25 behind to shove on the flop, seems fine to me.

As played obv. not 4b/folding QQ to V5 here, well played.

Thanks Dave! The spr looks good in retrospect. I guess I am just not too comfortable investing 40% of my stack preflop.

Thanks!

Greg

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com