Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

EPTLive - Negreanu opens to 11bb - Oops or ?

Old
EPTLive - Negreanu opens to 11bb - Oops or ? - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 02:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Really interesting hand on the featured table just now.

Negreanu opens for 11bb, says he made a mistake reading the chip denominations, which the announcers say he has done several times in the past.

Steve Silverman, who has been "eating Daniel's lunch" according to the announcers, asks him what he's got behind and puts him all in.

Negreanu snap calls and shows AcK? to Silverman's KcJc.

Ace on the river for Daniel and a double up to 851,500 leaving Silverman with appr 285,000.

Reminded me a bit of a play TheLangolier witnessed and blogged about from this summer's HPT (Oops?).

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
It does sound a bit like the hand in Dave's blog. I'll be interested to see this on the highlights package... eventually.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Going by the commentary it is far from unusual for Negreanu to get the chip values mixed up so I do believe that it was probably a 'misclick' but I think that with the stacks being as deep as they were it was a pretty horrible shove.

If it (Negreanu's pretend mistake) was a deliberate move then it was pretty brilliant.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Fri Aug 30, 2013 at 04:51 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I think.....not know for sure....hiccup

This just proves that poker is a very simple game.......but once you master the mind game.....which I think he has done.......you just never know what he's thinking or has etc.........................hiccup

Please remember.....until he shows his cards.....it's only a guess.....nothing more

Cheers All

P.S. I'm wrong all the time.....just ask the wife

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
Master of the miss-click with the bright stage lights and not wearing sun glasses.

Should have borrowed Elky's $11K shades. Not sure but was it $30K for Daniel's new hair?

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 12:04 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
I actually missed this hand as I was out tonight but it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel did "misclick" and then take advantage of the mistake he made. He hasn't actually played any poker at all since the WSOP so the occasional mistake would not be completely unexpected from him, but would have to watch it back to know for sure if he was up to something tricky.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 01:54 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Happens to everyone

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 03:07 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
I'm sure everyone has seen this, but I enjoy watching it from time to time.

The Ivey Embarrassment.

Down the drain.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com