Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Backdoor full house would you 4 bet jam call or fold the river

Old
Backdoor full house would you 4 bet jam call or fold the river - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012

player 4

hands = 346
vpip = 17
pfp = 11
flop c bet = 43

this is a tough spot making full house on the river but only the 4th nuts

did he slow play the flop with KK or 66
did he not c bet with KJ
do we have the same hand
i dont ever think this is a flush

i can here garethC23 words dont call when a split is the best outcome

over to you

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
I think this is a tough spot. Looking at their stats they aren't some wild player but at the same time if he has KJ,KK or 4 of a kind I think he would jam here after you re-raised on the river. You have shown real strength why leave value behind knowing that most with a jack will pay you off. Did you call?

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:33 PM
(#3)
I will let you all now when i get a few more replys

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi XXXX,

Kind of a loose call with AJo vs UTG imo. Villain is playing 17/11; That's pretty tight for 6max and they are UTG. Our hand does not fair that well post flop against their UTG range.
{ 22+, AJ+, ATs, KQ, KJs, QJs }

I might have taken a stab at the flop after they check. They have a low cbet% so might be a case of a fit or fold opponent, but then checking back is not too bad either although I would be more inclined to check back with AQ than AJ just because we have SD value against AJ when we hold AQ.

Easy call OTT, River is tricky. I think I would disregard flushes from his range because those would cbet the flop.
By the river they will have: { KK, 66, AJ, KQ, KJs, QJs } Raising will get folds from KQ and they will call/raise with KK/66/AJ/KJ/QJs: We win against QJs: 1 combo, Spit with: AJ: 3 combos, Lose to: KK/66/KJ 5 combos. Also we lose to rake when we do split with AJ so raising the river was a mistake as we are losing to more combos.

We now have 18% equity against their river raising range and the pot odds call for 29% equity. Probably need to be folding but YUK!

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
I am just calling his river 3bet, this is clearly either a chop or valueownage if you 4bet.
If he has 6x whch I highly doubt about it, he will fold to your 4bet.
Also geovarta we are splitting vs QJ not winning.

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
You are right GamblingProp
More reason not to raise the river

Last edited by geoVARTA; Sat Aug 31, 2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#7)
I did make the call

Wow did not see a total bluff
none of his sats are out of line

Did he jest see this as a good bluff spot because it is inpossible to call without a very strong hand ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com