Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max - AA v completed flush on turn

Old
Question
2NL Zoom 6max - AA v completed flush on turn - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

Only got 2 hands on the villain playing 50/50/0 not that it means anything over 2 hands. What would be the best way to play this hand? Was the shove on the turn a good play? and also should I play the hand differently if I don't hold a heart?
Thanks for any advice and feedback

P.s first attempt to get my hand to show in the replayer. Fingers crossed I've done it right

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Mikey,

OOP I would 3bet to 3x + 1bb; So I would make it 0.32$-0.34$ to account for the limper also
We don't have any information on our opponent so I would make a guess about his 3bet calling range to be:
{ JJ-77, AQ, AJs-ATs, KQs-T9s, KJs, KTs, QTs } - QQ+, AK would 4bet us preflop I assume

OTF, I think TT would raise us so his calling range would be JJ, Tx, maybe 99-77, and all his FDs.

So OTT against {JJ, 99-77, ATs-JTs, T9s, KhQh, KhJh, QhJh} we have 82% equity
Now lets look how betting will manipulate his range:
When we bet we get called by:
. Flushes: 3 combos
. Sets: 3 combos
. Overpair: 6 combos
. Weak pairs + FD: 6 combos (99-88 with a heart)
. Maybe AT/KT: 5 combos
They will continue with 23 combos from the 38 combos that saw turn
Against that range we still have 75% equity; without the Ah our equity drops to 55% - so betting the rest should be +EV either way

If we think that betting the turn will fold his Tx and 99/88 and JJ that does not have a heart then our equity drops way down to 45% with AhAc and to 22% with AdAc; so the line that we take OTT depends on our opponent and how light they would call which makes x/c a better option to keep his entire range by the river.

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Yeah I think c/c would be a better option now I've had time for the hand to sink. If I was stacking off anyway I suppose it would be better to give the guy a chance to hang himself representing the flush with the hands that I would fold out by shoving. Thanks for your reply, I need to start using pokerstove etc more and thinking hands in more depth like you have here. Thanks again

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com