Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NLHE 0.01/0.02 table, AKs, flopped flush, what to do??

Old
NLHE 0.01/0.02 table, AKs, flopped flush, what to do?? - Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hello,

I would love some advice on this hand. What should I have done differently??

I had only been at the table for a few hands, which the villain was not in.

As the hand played out I pegged the opponent as perhaps having a Q H or less.

Where did I go wrong?

Thanks

Ladywolf171

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Ladywolf,

I think the hand played itself. Given opponents passive line OTT and OTR, I don't mind putting the rest in to get called from weaker flushes or a stubborn AJ

Just one of those hands... don't worry about it

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Hi Ladywolf

2 point first off

you do not have AK suited you have AK off suit { try changing to a 4 colour deek to avoid this mistake agian }
you do not flop a flush only the 2nd nut flush draw

as played
i would c bet the flop

i would bet the turn now we make the flush { thinking about folding to a re raise only the ace of harts should be re raiseing on a 4 to flush board pos the king of harts but we have the king }

buy the river he has shown no sign he has the king would expect the ace to re raise the turn or lead the river so you cant check behind
so it looks like a smaller flush or a calling station with a jack i would go for max value to

well played

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com