Player3 shows [Js, Ad ]
Hero shows [Ac, 8c ]
Player3 wins $37.78 USD from main pot

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 05:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi wheeleke,

I think calling from the SB with A8s against an EP raise and a call is a mistake; Our hand is weak with reversed implied odds: meaning when we hit TP we will win a small pot or lose a big pot because of our kicker. Flopping a flush is very rare and should not be part of our reasons to call. I think I would rather call from the BB if there was only 1 player in the pot because we can play heads up and can try to take down the pot without a made hand and also we close the action.
Another mistake we made is leading the flop with TPWK. What does our bet achieve here? It will fold out worse and opponents will continue with better. A x/c is a more profitable line because we get to see how the other players react to the flop. I think you might have overplayed your hand here.

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I agree with GV that folding pre is the preferred play. But I don't think it was your biggest mistake. When you donk and get called with no reasonable draw on the board you must shut it down unless you have a very specific read.

If this player makes open min raises with speculative hands, I'd 3 bet pre.

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2013
Thanks for your feedback... My poker education continues.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com