Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL Zoom (6 max) KK Vs Btn facing 3bet OTT on paired board

Old
5NL Zoom (6 max) KK Vs Btn facing 3bet OTT on paired board - Sun Sep 01, 2013, 07:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar

Background

My stats: VPIP 15.57; PFR 11.53; 3bet 3.06; CB 87.50; BB 183; Steal% 23.44; FCB 50.00; F3bet 33.33 [Hands 256]
No information on Villain BB 132 [Hand 5]

Pre-flop

Standard pre-flop R. Villain called from the Btn.

Flop:

I opted to make a pot size cbet OTF to protect my hand Vs f/ & s/draws. Villain called.

Turn:

I was a little concerned that the board paired as AJ would be in Villain's range on the Btn, so opted to Cbet 1/2 pot. Villain made a small raise. I opted to call the 2bet & re-evaluate OTR.

River:

Not a great card OTR. At this stage, I decided I would x/c [& fold to a shove]. Villain made a small bet relative to the pot. I decided I was getting 4:1 to call & had approx. 40% equity against a fairly tight range (55+ A8s+ AT+), so it was an easy +EV call.

Questions:

1). Do you agree with the way I played the hand / bet sizing?
2). Do you agree with my analysis?
3). What would you do differently (if anything)?

Welcome your comments / feedback?

BR

Tony [aka Prodigy237]

Last edited by Prodigy237; Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 04:15 PM
(#2)
Hi Prodigy,

I think we have a typical Baluga theorem here; The baluga theorem states that if you are getting raised on the turn then a one pair is no good.

I think we should be folding to a raise OTT; We now have two pair Kings and Jacks but we are losing to trips and full houses and we have little chance to improve OTR and at risk of another bet.

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Hi George,

Thank you for your evaluation. I am aware of the Baluga Theorem, but is it not possible that the Villain would raise weaker TP hands in the same situation e.g. 99; TT as they would discount me holding a J... & maybe Villain deemed my 1/2 pot bet OTT as weak? Granted he could also be raising with AJ; KJ; QJ; 88 or 44, but then again I would have expected a larger bet OTR?

Had Villain shoved OTR or made it 3/4 pot... I think I would have no option, but to x/f. Here's how the hand played out.

BR Tony [aka Prodigy237]

P.S. I might have taken a slightly different line had I not been so deep.

Last edited by Prodigy237; Sun Sep 01, 2013 at 05:57 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com