Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Silverstar in a month-challenge

Old
Silverstar in a month-challenge - Sun Sep 01, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
My first challenge so i'll post here weekly updates to keep me motivated i don't have much time after work so i should make myself commited to this post .

September perfect month for this as i will get an additional 1 $ for each 20 VPPS as a WCOOP reload bonus so here it is:

- Play 33/daily 1,5$ SNG Hyper Turbos-more on week-ends (820 in a month)
- Stay in top 500 in Premier Skill League

At the end of the month i should have :

25 $= WCOOP Reload Bonus (20VPPs*25$= 500 VPPs )
10 $= VIP Stellar reward
20 $= Minminum prize for Premier Skill League in top 500
60 $= 5% ROI for 820 hyper turbos

That makes a total of 115$, everything else i get during the challenge will be a bonus (BOP, regional challenge, Weekly freerolls, 1 M giveaway etc)

I have more than 200 buy ins so probably sometime during the month
i will go up to 3,5$ hyper turbos

Good luck all at the tables

Dan

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Sounds like a plan, Dan

Good luck

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Yes it is but it's a challenge for me to follow it

Old
Sun Sep 22, 2013, 06:08 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
9 days left for the challenge . Started the month very bad, had a downswing of 130 games and it seemed like everything i did was against me, but this week saved me . You can see below the monthly chart for the 1,5$ Hyper Turbo 9 max

and the chart for this week

So for now i've cleared:

10 $= VIP Stellar reward
10 $= WCOOP Reload Bonus (200 VPPs )
7,6$= 1 % ROI for 487 hyper turbos
I have now 300 VPPs , so 200 VPPs to go that is 23VPPs daily to achieve my goal

And i will end the post with my toughest decision preflop in these games, what would you do here ?

Villain 2 is a reg, Villain 3 is unknown

Wish me luck

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
gl at the tables

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#6)
Hey there s3n_dan! We've played at the same tables a few times. Anyway, those two villains in that hand played in a way that I don't ever play. I wouldn't shove in the first hand and I also wouldn't call a 25BB shove with AQ. However, I would call if I had AK. That's often good against the regulars who shove with AT+, AJ+, 88+, 99+, TT+, depending on the regular. Against two players, I sometimes call with AK, and fold AQ, against three players, I fold AK too, because I think some of them have aces too which is not good against someone else's pp. In your case, I'd definitely call as I already have some chips in the pot.

Anyway good luck & see you there!

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
I would snap their beaks off with AKs there!!

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Thanx guys for your feedback. I will get back with an ICM output for this hand,(when i finish my challenge), but i feel it was a good fold .
Without thinking too much we have 3 facts:

1 Regular shoves into an utg open
2 BB calls his shove
3 There is either one pair TT+ and / or an AJs+ hand => i'm behind

In this spot AQ is obvious an easy fold UTG. I was ready to call heads up but not with 3 players on the flop.

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2013, 08:36 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
I fold AK there and I feel pretty good about it, even when the board runs out like that and I would have tripled. Well played, imo.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#10)
With everyone at 500 chips this is a hyper turbo?

Even I as a super nit am shoving AKs in this spot. By the time the blinds get back round to us we will have only seen 9 more pairs of cards and the blinds will have moved through a few levels - how likely are you to get another premium in this time?

If this were a lot deeper then I probably would fold but not in this case.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:20 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
With everyone at 500 chips this is a hyper turbo?

Even I as a super nit am shoving AKs in this spot. By the time the blinds get back round to us we will have only seen 9 more pairs of cards and the blinds will have moved through a few levels - how likely are you to get another premium in this time?

If this were a lot deeper then I probably would fold but not in this case.
Just a few comments... the way I make it simple for myself is to figure out 1) how many BBs I have to call, 2) what position is shoving, and 3) am I the last to act, and then see if my hand is good enough for that amount. When the button shoves, I'm the last to act, and I've got around 22BB to call, I'll call with AKs. If I had A10, or 66, I'd call around 10BB, with A5 or 44, around 5BB, in that spot, assuming a two-way pot.

I'm not worried about the BB because it's not one of the regulars (I suppose?). The range of the casual players in these $1.50 tournaments is way wider. I just saw someone shove KJ in the first hand because they got a call from another unknown player who showed Q4. If one of the regulars calls a shove in the first hand, I'll know they've got AQ+, TT+, or maybe JJ+.

Yes the blinds go around the table but it's not likely that they ever land on everyone. Most likely, one of the runners is eliminated in this hand if we fold, and more players will probably be knocked out before the round is complete. One level lasts 2 minutes, and one hand can take over 60 seconds if someone chooses to play it slowly. If two players play it slowly, make it 120 seconds. That's one hand per level and it leads to one of the problems with any ICM calculations: it's hard to predict how many hands you can see before being blinded out. The good news is that you don't need premium hands to win big pots.

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Challenge finished

You can see below the graph for the month

Had a 2,72% ROI below the EV line(EV$=77,59 $) , in other words was more unlucky this month then the results should be, so the total is:

25 $= WCOOP Reload Bonus (20VPPs*25$= 500 VPPs )
10 $= VIP Stellar reward
33,26 $= 2,72% ROI
+ Bonus: 5$ VIP Giveaway + 5$ BOP leaderboard

Total : 98,26$

Now i have to think how to spend 686 FPPs left , i was thinking about some step tickets, next month will study more to improve my leaks in this format.

Gl all at the tables

Dan

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 07:28 PM
(#13)
Very well done Dan and even better that you made a profit.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
(#14)
Since: May 2012
Congrats on completing your challenge & earning a nice profit Dan, well done!

The 30K Silverstar freeroll (100FPPs) on Saturday's is one of the best ways to get more value out of your FPPs

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2012
I agree with Paul7036 , also ther are two 50FPP buy in tournaments in saturday one omaha and one limit holdem , and one tournament in sunday also 50FPP buy in called THe sunday Two Grand. i spend my fpps on this tournaments.

Well done by finishing your challenge successfully.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com