(#1)
Since: May 2012

no reads
what would you do here?

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 08:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
CBet larger on the flop ($0.16 would be good here). When he raises, i'd just call and start check calling on most board runouts. We have blockers to the top two sets ( he'd most likely raise QQ and KK pre too ) so the only value hand that beats us is 44 which is an extremely narrow range.

He could also c/r this flop with something like JcTc which we are ahead of. There are some opponents that you can comfortably shove the flop raise here though.

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
We can call flop and get the money in on a brick turn card, but it would put us on a tough spot if turn brought the J of clubs for instance.
Excluding sets, we have the nuts at the moment, so let me sum it up with three words:
I'm all in!

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Espada,

Like birdayy [& GP] says... I would cbet larger as we want to charge f/ & s/draws a premium for seeing another card. I would tend to make it a pot size bet though OTF & shove if faced with a 3bet. If Villain calls... I would be shoving OTT [assuming f/ & s/draws miss].

Good luck

BR Tony [aka Prodigy237]

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#5)
+1 for raising

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 10:10 AM
(#6)
... and yes, bet flop bigger

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
Have to agree with the above. If he has 444 then good for him.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com