Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

overload

Old
overload - Tue Sep 03, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
hi everyone, please dont think this is a stupid question, but can i have information overload?, im trying to take so much in and thinking im over doing what i can take, should i stick to 1 subject then go forward or try for a overview of everything, im talking about mtt's

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 10:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi burnincandle!

If you try to do too many things at once, it absolutely CAN be information overload. I've found that trying to incorporate things into my game one at a time has worked better for me.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 01:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
The stupidest question is the one not asked. Think on that.

Yes, one can suffer information overload. Since you're into MTT games, decide on just one element you want to improve or incorporate in your game, such as calculating pot odds. Study and apply this one item, ignore all other element until you feel comfortable with this. Move on to another element. The school is more a freeroll insane asylm, treat it as such. Apply the lessons, but understand the early phase will be dominated by maniacs and luck masters.

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 04:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Have you thought about just sticking to one game to start with, and try and get good at that? i.e. say, for instance 0.25c 45 man Sit and Go's?.....I know Cairn helped me out alot with sound advice on those when I was starting....

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
You could definitely have an information overload, especially with so many poker related sites, books and etc.
I am sure in the long term, I would take overload from ignorance any time.
But information overload means that you are trying to learn how to be better, just not in the right way.
Once you get better you will process information better.

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnincandle View Post
hi everyone, please dont think this is a stupid question, but can i have information overload?, im trying to take so much in and thinking im over doing what i can take, should i stick to 1 subject then go forward or try for a overview of everything, im talking about mtt's
Information overload is more than possible. It can be reduced by determining 1 thing to focus on at a time and being selective about the information that is worth reading, watching, reviewing etc. These are things that others may be able to offer suggestions on.

Old
Thankyou - Fri Sep 06, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2013
Ive put all my charts away, and will concentrate with 1 skill at a time, have lots to learn but time is on my side, but lovin playing so can hope to head up not down, thanks everyone for the responses, hope to see you on a final table.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com