Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL Zoom, TP soft play by hero, call river?

Old
5NL Zoom, TP soft play by hero, call river? - Tue Sep 03, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
6 max
Villain first hand, no info.

1. As played should I call?
2. Better way to play? (bet turn too?)

Flush gets there on turn, but so many hands get there on river.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($7.27)
SB ($5.37)
BB ($5.66)
UTG ($6.73)
MP ($1.88)
Hero (CO) ($5.64)

Preflop: Hero is CO with ,
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) , , (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.72) (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.72) (2 players)
BB bets $0.50

Last edited by braveslice; Tue Sep 03, 2013 at 01:59 PM..

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I can't think of many hands that we beat on the river, maybe AJ or Adx.
If it was a brick river I would had a tough time folding, but the J improves his range a lot.
All things considered I am folding river.
Betting turn with the purpose of checking back river makes sense also.

Old
Tue Sep 03, 2013, 08:21 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd bet/fold the turn and river. A river bet would be thin, so I don't hate checking behind dependent on the villain.

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 01:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Brave,

I think we should definitely be betting this turn. He can have a lot of gut shots/open enders, middle pairs, top pair/worse kicker, back door nut diamonds with a a hand like AdTx/Ad6x/AdJx. There's plenty worse to get value from here, and if we get check-raised we can probably just comfortably fold rather than worry about about drawing to a Q high diamond flush that we don't even know would be good or not.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com