Since: May 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...969_75772AD2E5

how cud i hav played it profitably ?

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 03:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
Supernova
Depending of type of players you have on the table i generally tend to just call preflop , and get the money in on a good flop . However if your oponents are pretty loose, the raise is pretty standard especially at this limit where you get 1-2 callers .
Oponent 7 and 1 seems pretty loose calling a 3 bet out of position. Those callers get there with some suited connectoos in general , but there are cases where they can call with Ace suited or some small pairs, thats why the history with those players counting so much .
Your raise is pretty good if oponents are not so spewy , but i generally raise more , to 0.17-0.19 if they are calling station .
On flop you cant do nothing much versus 3 oponents , and players 7 betting pot made your decision very easy . There are many cases where your hand is beaten , by any ace , JJ , 99 ,J9 . Even if you put him on a draw , like Q10 of clubs ,KQ , K10 of clubs , your hand isnt so favorite against those hands .
gl

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 04:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi sunil,

I would disagree with ProfetuN1; We should be raising preflop for value. KK is a very strong hand, the second best preflop hand in Holdem and I want to build a pot. Also when we just call we invite other players behind us to call along cheaply and a hand as strong as KK loses its equity in a multi-way pot. Looking at stack sizes, both you and Player4 have >100bbs; I like to raise big here to get as much money into the pot preflop. A standard raise is 3x but because there is plenty of money behind I'd go for even a bigger raise, 3.5x to 4x.
As played, we are 4way to the flop and I think this is one of the bad flops for us with an Ace on board. I think a check fold is the correct play here. With three opponents calling a 3bet, I'd give credit for atleast one player having an Ace.

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
thanks guys for the advice

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com