Squeeze Play

Old
Exclamation
Squeeze Play - Thu Sep 05, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
HI Q1 is this a hand i shud be Squeezeing with
Q2 when i get 4bet is it a call the player i had down as LAG and i was playing TAG. At nl2 The Squeeze Play work all the time but i cannot get it to work at 5nl are the plays at 5nl too familiar with the squeeze play and just re-stealing.
I feel i played the really hand bad

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Stocky8A,

Before I evaluate this hand I'd like to hear from you what you would like to accomplish with 3betting here? and why?

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
HI geoVARTA i was ok will 1 caller or 3 folds

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 01:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Stocky, I see what you mean. You want to play the hand headsup with only one player.
Well, in my point of view a suited ace is a good hand to play multiway so I personally would like to call here and not 3bet. The problem with 3betting AQs is that its a strong hand but probably not too strong to get all in with preflop. When we 3bet we should think in the following manner: Are we 3betting for value? Will villain call us with worse hands? Do we want to get the hand all in preflop? If not then are we 3betting as a bluff? Do we want our opponents to fold their better hand? If you can't answer those questions then its probably better to call or fold. With our hand I think we benefit from seeing a flop. And with the pot odds we are getting it means we just need to win 17% of the time to make our call profitable.

I hope this helps!

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
AQs for me is too good to 3bet with the intent to fold to a 4bet. Might as well squeeze with 92o. I prefare to flat here or maybe 3bet if the lag never folds to 3bets but doesn't 4 bet either.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com