Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Bites - 3 Betting Weak Hands Preflop

Old
Poker Bites - 3 Betting Weak Hands Preflop - Fri Sep 06, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello all,

Today we launched our first 'Poker Bites' topical video. These short videos will cover basic strategies with some hand examples of how the Pros play in these spots.

You'll find the first one here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...es-Poker-Bites

We really want to hear back what you think of this format so please let us know

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 06, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Very nice, BUT.................

These videos should be done at the level of what most players play here and that's a 2nl or 5nl and I'm pretty sure the Pro's wouldn't get the same results.

These are pro's playing with a huge bankroll, huge stakes (100nl, 200nl and 400nl) with much greater knowledge and greater gambling risk opportunities.

Showing such videos to players who have a hard time just breaking even, will just make it worse

There should be a warning on the video
"WARNING, THIS VIDEO IS FOR ADVANCE PLAYERS "

Just my 2 cents

PS. Still a very good video

Old
Fri Sep 06, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
These poker bites could be a goldmine. I like the format a lot, although I had some problems with my video player.

I really like the general advice that Jesse May gives out in this video (like "3-bet bluff if your opponents will fold better hands") but I concur with Sandtrap that this is pretty advanced for PSO players that might be struggling to beat 2NL/5NL. It's possible to beat those games without ever 3-betting light. One of the main reasons 3-betting light doesn't work particularly well at 2NL (if you just do it randomly) is that your bluffs will get called too often.

I look forward to seeing more videos in this series.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 11:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
I enjoyed it !!

I do realise it will not work on the people who never ever fold but I could supply you with a top10 wish list...I wont now here oh ok I start it off

Stealing
Restealing
C Betting
Stack Sizes

I can get a lot more but I wont but it looks a good format to me a winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com