Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

EPT Barcelona ME FT

Old
EPT Barcelona ME FT - Sat Sep 07, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Hoping to watch Tom Middleton ship this one today. Tom is in the top three of players I have had the displeasure of sitting directly to the right of in live MTTs. He is super good, hope he can continue the run to victory.

I'll have the live stream on while working today. Anyone else watching?

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
I'll be watching every second of it. Think it's going to be a great final table with a few really solid players on it. Hoping Middy can take it down though, have to support the Brit.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadyen View Post
I'll be watching every second of it. Think it's going to be a great final table with a few really solid players on it. Hoping Middy can take it down though, have to support the Brit.
Did someone just have their limerick read out? If so solid A- in my book

El Toro is a perfect villain, as in cant wait to see him trip up.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#4)
Hmm not looking so good at first break

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#5)
Gury just played A9s from the SB with less than 20bb in the mooost horrible way possible.
Apparently he is a good French player, make of that what you will.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2011
Just tuned in.

JTs vs 99

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 11:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Gury just played A9s from the SB with less than 20bb in the mooost horrible way possible.
Apparently he is a good French player, make of that what you will.
You got to remember that once you reach the final table, all logic goes out the window, so to say it was horrible, it might not. If you look closely, most hands are played like Russians in a freeroll....lol

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Just tuned in.

JTs vs 99

Was more pleased to see QJ>AA of El Toro. Enjoying the anti-rail.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
You got to remember that once you reach the final table, all logic goes out the window, so to say it was horrible, it might not. If you look closely, most hands are played like Russians in a freeroll....lol
When I reach a FT I try to engage logic ... Most on the twittersphere seemed to agree that his play on that hand was lolbad. So I would say that Russian freerollers would have actually played it better.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#10)
Good news for Middy fans, we're heads up. Bad news for the audience, more deal talk.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
And stream died.

Apparently, the streams in non-English language are working. Weird. :/

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 02:10 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
And stream died.

Apparently, the streams in non-English language are working. Weird. :/
Click another language stream and then back to UK - it's OK.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#13)
Watching French, for me English web not working and English mobile app stuck on deal talk.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 06:21 PM
(#14)
Congrats to Middy. Wasn't plain sailing, but comfy from 4 handed to the title. We learnt that trying to negotiate a deal when you're backers have a say isn't easy and that stopping people giving spoilers on twitter is impossible.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#15)
Since: Apr 2012
Quote:
Did someone just have their limerick read out? If so solid A- in my book
Haha, not my best one I though but yes.. I tend to get one or two mentions a day on EPTlive. I'm a big fan lol.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Congrats to Middy. Wasn't plain sailing, but comfy from 4 handed to the title. We learnt that trying to negotiate a deal when you're backers have a say isn't easy and that stopping people giving spoilers on twitter is impossible.
Yes congratulation's good to see a UK winner. A lively supportive rail and breaking the internet too.

Just shows how popular the #EPTLive web streams are. Deliberately avoided twitter so I didn't know the result. Just got the stream back to see the final hands and did a "woooo" in the chat window on the table I was playing. Guess the other players thought that the previous hand in a 10c+R wasn't that exciting.

Old
Mon Sep 16, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#17)
There was a mention in live training about 2+2 podcast sponsored by our VIP club. I hadn't caught up for a few episodes but listening to #285

We can laugh at Daniel pushing the rules at being at one arms length from your chair when the first card is dealt. Then carrying his chair with him to make a point.

Then the serious stuff, I would never have known about without listening to a good radio show.

Edit: WOW Progressive KO events - still listening

Edit 2: Talking about HUDs and so much more - was going to make a joke...

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Sep 17, 2013 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: more info Progessive KO - never thought about it

Old
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 08:36 AM
(#18)
Quote:
We can laugh at Daniel
That we can agree on.
Have not listened to this, but have listened to other podcasts that have talked about the lolridic of how blown up the first card rule reaction was. Facts are the EPT was going to introduce this rule regardless of the TDA rule change. If I leave my seat after I have folded in a live MTT and the hand goes to the flop, I am often going to have a few minutes out of my chair, the rule change means I lose out on 10 seconds of time out of my chair . Like the majority of players it does not effect me as in a shocking revelation I stay sat in my chair during play.
An excellent point made elsewhere was that various poker media were busy talking about this when they should have been more focussed on relatively important news like Full Tilt claims that were due to start Monday and non-chair related news from EPT Barcelona - the laptop hacking allegations at the hotel used for many of the events and player packages.

Old
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#19)
Hi Prof

Yes those points were covered in the #285 episode. On the #EPTlive stream at the time we heard "security concerns that were being investigated". I didn't realise the extent of high stakes grinders' laptops being targeted. One of them relates their experience too.

Old
Tue Sep 17, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Hi Prof

Yes those points were covered in the #285 episode. On the #EPTlive stream at the time we heard "security concerns that were being investigated". I didn't realise the extent of high stakes grinders' laptops being targeted. One of them relates their experience too.
Cool. I should really get on the 2+2 podcast, have been spending a bit of my rare listening time on back episodes of thinking poker, thanks to your recommendations

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com