Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

A8s 25nl zoom, Its value betting trips, on this board is to thin?

Old
A8s 25nl zoom, Its value betting trips, on this board is to thin? - Sat Sep 07, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
vs 60/20/1,0 5 hands

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($25)
SB ($25)
BB ($20.73)
Hero (UTG) ($72.81)
MP ($6.50)
CO ($27.16)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, A
Hero raises to $0.75, 3 folds, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 8, 8, Q (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.70, 1 fold, BB calls $1.70

Turn: ($5.65) 4 (2 players)
BB bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75

River: ($13.15) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero...

When he donks i thought he could have QXs 99 TT JJ 9J 9T with a spade. When he checks im thinking if he calls with a Q, i think he definetly calls with QK (or the other 8, if some how he can play it this way)and that if its possible he plays a small flush like this.

Value bet or not? if yes how much?

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I think shoving is a good option here and we should probably go for it pretty often. The alternative is to bet 4.5 and fold to a shove.

Shoving targets KQ type hands, 8x, and QX. 4.5 can target hands as weak as 99 and will get called by KX QX all the time. It depends a bit on your read on this player. I think I would elect to go for 4.50 with this hand since we block 8X and don't beat everything. I would prefer a shove with 44.

If you bet 4.50 and he check-shoves, he probably has you beat often enough that you aren't getting a good enough price to call. He can play a lot of full houses that way, K8 type stuff.

Last edited by GarethC23; Sat Sep 07, 2013 at 10:34 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com